• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A controversial post - Mods and hackers.

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I will add another point to this discussion. If you watch Huahwi's episode #109, it seemed that mods were abusing their powers, and announcing that a disguised Huahwi was in the game.
Yes, I saw that as well. I was very disappointed in the staff team when I noticed a mod say Huahwi's name while he was in /d. I hope it doesn't turn into another Joey case where mods follow him into games. It seemed like it was turning that in his first games back. I hope someone pointed that out in the staff meeting yesterday, if not it needs to be. Because there are a lot newer mods, and they need to realize that these youtubers do NOT want people following them. With the ability that the staff has to find players does not need to be abused against those that record for youtube.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I find it interesting that the only people arguing this post are mods themselves. Sure, they probably know more about the behind the scenes, but their evidence to support is always disclosed information. I wouldn't really mind, but I've never seen a mod truly accept that they're wrong.

TheFlyingBoatman

Survivor
Reaction score
I find it interesting that the only people arguing this post are mods themselves. Sure, they probably know more about the behind the scenes, but their evidence to support is always disclosed information. I wouldn't really mind, but I've never seen a mod truly accept that they're wrong.
Don't expect it to happen anytime soon as well...

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
I would just like to point out that nowhere does it say that staff members can't take leaves due to stress... It is a stressful job (trust me, I know), and if you are putting 100% effort into it, chances are you will need to take a step back and relax for a week or so. In the long run, this will make the time that you are on duty more productive and well-spent.

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why make this thread? You got a problem with the moderators go talk to the Sr.Staff with some evidence. I didn't see any proof in this post for all I know is you're making this up.

However, I too have received this treatment from the staff so I know that it does happen a lot. Any how if you're trying to make a point or cause a disscussion you should have some evidence and not just assume everyone would take your word.

Also weren't you a Sr.Mod before? Shouldn't you know that they absolutely hate threads that try to cause trouble/drama between the staff and players. Im sure they would rather you come talk to them than make these type of threads.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I won't comment on any of those sections specified, save for one. I have been working at MCGamer since late 2012, and haven't recorded a single hacker on EU and it's never been a problem. I get over 400 ping to EU and players are jumping all over the place. Why is this not an issue? Because the staff are a team, and there has always been someone around to lend a hand and handle it for me, in the same way that if someone from EU gets poked about an AU hacker, I'm always happy to take it for them. If we were to restrict applications to only those who can record suitably on all regions, then the staff team would be very, very small which would cause more issues than it solves. "You need more moderators!" is something I see every day, and at the same time, what I think you're indirectly saying here is that we should be hiring less moderators, because that is what would happen if we were to only hire people who could record on all regions.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I appreciate you expressing your opinion, however I'm not too fond of the negative attitude coming from it. If you're going to point out something you see wrong, try to do it with a less degrading or directly pointed or inconsiderate way. Most of the reasons you pointed out are in fact problems but they don't occur very often (except for the recording one, which is pretty insensitive). I understand you were a mod once and do know how to deal with these situations but I myself have run into multiple occasions where I have been having trouble with my recording software (not Fraps), and I simply haven't been able to record. Sadly I cannot simply "reinstall it" because it is tied to my graphics card and reinstalling all my graphics drivers would be quite the time consuming hassle just to record one hacker when there are a plethora of other mods you can poke.

While you made some valid points, please try to address them in a more positive way, just a simple request.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci