• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events 6th Official MCGamer Awards - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
I
Well, if people can't accept the fact that maybe they aren't the best, there's an issue. Not everyone's going to like everything you do. I just made a little statement expressing my opinion, and you are, in no way, entitled to agree with me or not. As I mentioned, it is just in my opinion and I stated it because I mentioned how I was content with the teams who where placed in the top three. I did not intend to start any flame, and I don't see any reason why any should arise in the first place.

Just PM me if you want to continue arguing about the lack of freedom of speech I apparently have, but to be honest, I'm not interested.
I made my point. No need for me to tell you how unreasonable you are.

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
I'd like to point out to the people arguing about Best Build Team that no matter what happens, Red Forest and Team Elite are always likely to be in the top 3 due to their status of being 'well known' for having been the Official MCGamer build teams for years. I'm not saying they do bad work - they do good things, it's just even when they're having a slow few months they'll always make the top 3. Because people who don't know build teams will recognize the names and vote for them rather then a team thats not as widely thrown in peoples faces.

On that note.
Thank you for the awards!

However I do feel that in some categories research should be done into them. For instance, best builder/terraformer/redstoner - You should check if the nominees have submitted or been included in work in the past few months.. One of the voted for terraformers hasn't been seen for over 6 months now which is a let down. There needs to be a criteria set for each category.

I also think it's time to turf the 'best cat' award. It's been done forever, it was a gimmick created originally so Chad's cat would win but now it's just turning into an over competitive bragging right award that only a hand full of people are eligible for (rather then actual cats.) Can we remove it?

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
I think all Helix, Kithex, InvictusBuildTeam and all other Build Team members can agree with me that you are an Idiot. Mapmaking is hard, and you truly underestimate the other teams saying dumb stuff like this.
(No hate intended)

Other than that congratz to all the winners!
I wouldn't necessarily say that he's an idiot, but it does seem quite narrow minded. Map making is very hard and those above named build teams have worked weeks on end on maps, designing, planning and much more.
I've been involved in the map-making process before (with the 48-player map Vida Cova), as well as a multitude of maps that weren't accepted onto the network. You're really exaggerating how hard it is to make a map, it just takes some time if you know what you're doing.

And what I said was something called my opinion and not facts. I just personally favor the maps made by TE, RF and Discovery Works over other build teams.

Oh, and "no hate intended" and you call me an idiot? The irony...
The era of map making has changed since Vida Cova, the bar has been raised and it's a lot harder now than what is was before.
That may very well be, but you make it sound like the other teams are not equal to RF, TE and DW. And the fact that you have been involved into making maps should make you appreciate all mapmakers and teams, not just a few. Your comment was pointless. You know you can only make people angry with it and thats what you achieved. Now what? Comments like the ones you made make you look like an idiot, and you should have eleborated more than "about the other teams... eh..."
Please don't make anymore of these heart-breaking comments, they can only cause flame which is what now has happened.

Have a good day.
I agree entirely. Kithex isn't the best build team, however I do believe we (including Helix & TI) deserve a little more recognition than we currently get.

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd like to point out to the people arguing about Best Build Team that no matter what happens, Red Forest and Team Elite are always likely to be in the top 3 due to their status of being 'well known' for having been the Official MCGamer build teams for years. I'm not saying they do bad work - they do good things, it's just even when they're having a slow few months they'll always make the top 3. Because people who don't know build teams will recognize the names and vote for them rather then a team thats not as widely thrown in peoples faces.

On that note.
Thank you for the awards!

However I do feel that in some categories research should be done into them. For instance, best builder/terraformer/redstoner - You should check if the nominees have submitted or been included in work in the past few months.. One of the voted for terraformers hasn't been seen for over 6 months now which is a let down. There needs to be a criteria set for each category.

I also think it's time to turf the 'best cat' award. It's been done forever, it was a gimmick created originally so Chad's cat would win but now it's just turning into an over competitive bragging right award that only a hand full of people are eligible for (rather then actual cats.) Can we remove it?
Every award is based upon popularity and recognition. No thought is given to who actually deserves the awards; it says "Favorite", not "Best". Stop being salty cause you didn't win that category. Invictus is far from being the best build team anyway.

MahoganyCrafter

Survivor
Reaction score
Every award is based upon popularity and recognition. No thought is given to who actually deserves the awards; it says "Favorite", not "Best". Stop being salty cause you didn't win that category. Invictus is far from being the best build team anyway.
Must you be so rude? She was speaking her mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci