• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

5 reasons why the staff team is worse than you hope

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Before you judge me or this thread, read my thread "5 reasons why the staff team is better than you think."
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/5-reasons-the-staff-team-is-better-than-you-think.215366/

tl;dr -> We would love for the staff team to be perfect, but it isn't.

- 1:
It's owned by a cat.
Mufasa, and his side-kick Simba.

Now that we have the internet tax (cats rule the internet, let's be realistic here) out of the way, how about we get down to the real 5.

- 1:
The staff team is composed of people, many of them mere teenagers, who have their own individual lives, set of responsibilities, wants and needs, preferences, likes, dislikes, and all other sorts of characteristics and features that make us into unique human beings.
And thanks to this, there is never a "perfect staff member," although Col_StaR came pretty darn close.

Even though staff members may promise a certain number of hours each week in their application, no one (except for Mufasa) expects them to actually fulfill those numbers 100% of the time... unless they only promised something like 2-3 hours, but I doubt they would have gotten to the Interview stage with that. :p

Those who are performing their duties often have to do it alongside other tasks. Multitasking, remember? Yeah, it's a concept from grades 1-3 that only a few people ever master.
These other tasks can often take priority - for example: if your mother is shouting up the stairs for you to come down and do the dishes, and you have to say "I'LL BE THERE IN A MOMENT, DEAR MOTHER," it sort of interferes with moderation duties, especially when it comes to TeamSpeak, or... *gasp* actually doing your chores..

These factors, and more, can often cause staff members to put in less effort, because they're also focusing on other things. This can lead to sub-par answers, slow responses, a lack of activity, etc.

- 2:
Staff members are not always able to divulge information.
It would be nice if mods could answer any and every question concerning the staff team, the MCGamer network, and the behind-the-scenes happenings, but there would eventually be someone who takes a tiny bit of information and blows it up in someone's face. Sort of like if ban information and/or IP logs were made available to anyone who requested it.

Because the staff team is required to keep some things from the public eye, it leads to a lot of miscommunication, distrust, and other negative effects.

- 3:
Sometimes, their methods can be seen as discouraging fun.
While this isn't usually the case, it can be seen as such.
If someone is having fun by doing something that breaks (or comes close to breaking) a rule, then a staff member is going to have to give a warning, or even a punishment.

Ever heard your parents (or your friend's parents) say "Safety first"?
Well, the same applies here. The MCGamer network wants its players to have fun, but in a safe manner.
If you're having fun by hacking into the database and giving yourself 5,000 wins on the leaderboards, that's a big no.

- 4:
Staff members don't always patrol the servers, both in-game and on the TeamSpeak.

Allow me to establish something quickly:
In terms of "easy moderation," here's the breakdown.
Report Abuses are easier than TeamSpeak, while TeamSpeak moderation is easier than in-game moderation.
While Report Abuses and TeamSpeak are somewhat close in terms of difficulty, in-game moderation is a lot more time-consuming. It's a lot of "footwork", and much less enjoyable than moderating the TeamSpeak server, where you get to interact with other people.

The staff members can't be spread out everywhere at once. Life doesn't work like that.
(and only a few of us speak Turkish :c)

- 5:
Very few feature suggestions are implemented, and if they are, it often takes a long time.
Whether this is on the part of the developers or someone else, I don't know for sure.
All I know is that only a small handful of feature suggestions are selected for implementation, and even those take a long time to be implemented.

The process that it goes through, at least on the public side, is very inefficient. This is an area where the higher-ups could really improve.
Let's take SoloSG for example. People have been suggesting it for more than two year, and it was finally implemented - after being marked as a "No-no suggestion" for a long time.
And y'know what sucks? With a lot of the feature suggestions, the people that suggested them don't get any sort of message or credit. There's no mention, no notification saying, "Hey, your feature was implemented!" and no gift for helping MCGamer improve.
Honestly, I think BitoBain deserves at least a permanent donor rank for coming up with Raffle Voting, not to mention his fantastic foruming.

But anyways...

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly, I think BitoBain deserves at least a permanent donor rank for coming up with Raffle Voting, not to mention his fantastic foruming.
A donor rank for raffle voting, yes. For being a fantastic forumer, no. I mean, in the eyes of 99.9% of the forum users, you yourself are a great moderator Mooclan. Sooo why don't you have a donor :p

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
If that was the case, I was the one to suggest the staff and the developers in a private conversation the current Anti cheat type, but got nothing ;__;

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
inb4 staff moves/deletes this thread because of its title.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Love how when you were staff you used to make counter arguments against people that talked negative or a different pov Like Nirmit, nicksharp or anyone else. Today you showed your true side
sorry wut r u lee sin?

emphasis on blind part
Before you judge me or this thread, read my thread "5 reasons why the staff team is better than you think."
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/5-reasons-the-staff-team-is-better-than-you-think.215366/

And by the way, I was always myself. If you actually take a closer look at my posts, and especially my tweets, you'll realize that. Unlike certain people *cough cough* I'm capable of filtering my words... if I want to.

If that was the case, I was the one to suggest the staff and the developers in a private conversation the current Anti cheat type, but got nothing ;__;
oh :eek:

wait, what's the current anti-cheat? o_O

inb4 staff moves/deletes this thread because of its title.
Nah, I can have it moved back. It's a legitimate thread that shouldn't be moved, and I can prove it to anyone who knows what they're dealing with when it comes to the forums.

If a mod moves it, I'll be having a word with them and the senior staff.
I mean, in the eyes of 99.9% of the forum users, you yourself are a great moderator Mooclan. Sooo why don't you have a donor :p
During my Mod interview, Col_StaR was wondering the same question...

MrSlimShady

Survivor
Reaction score
Not saying I disagree with your threads, but there are some ex-mods that just show their true side. Lol.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Not saying I disagree with your threads, but there are some ex-mods that just show their true side. Lol.
So, quick question:
Do you even know what I was like for the 2+ years that I wasn't a staff member?
In all truthfulness, from my point of view, it just seems like you have no idea what I'm like, or what I'm doing.

My main reason for writing this thread isn't at all to hate on the staff team, or to be negative in any way.
Look at the way I wrote the thread - it still shows the staff team in a light that is not at all harmful.

I'm a part of a group effort to bring discussion back to the forums. It didn't exactly work with this thread in particular, but it certainly did with its counterpart.

The reason that I linked the other thread, "5 reasons the staff team is better than you think," is to show that I'm giving both the positive and negative sides to the staff team - or at least, some of them.
I'm not being biased either for or against the staff team.

Please read the two threads again before you make another remark like that.
(oh, and doing your research on the forums' history would be beneficial as well.)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Requesting this thread to be moved to MCGamer Discussions.

Edit: Since my last reply was over 24 hours ago, it does not count as a double post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci