• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Youtuber Wall

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do realize that this would be a problem. And I do know that you guys put a lot of time into this. I really feel that this would bring a sense of community to the server though. I have a few ideas of how to make this a bit easier to handle. The first being that I know there are Plug-ins that are able to detect when a player has said the same thing within a set time period. This would hopefully shutdown constant spamming. Another Plug-in is one that is able to detect when there is a URL in the message, and then refuse to send that message. (I do not know these Plug-ins personally. So if you would want to use these, you would have to do some research.) Now if the Youtuber Wall happens or not, I think it would be a good idea to get these Plug-ins anyways. Another way to prevent spamming is to only allow people with the Youtube rank to be allowed access to the Wall. This would still allow a network between Youtubers.

Also, I do realize that there would be a huge demand to get onto the wall. Lets face it, it is a good opportunity. That is why I have mentioned in the past to have the requirements like, (this is just an example) 1k Subscribers, 8 Months of experience with Youtube and maybe some others. Really that is up to you guys to decide if you go through with it.

Thanks again for hearing what I had to say!

-William-
Problem is, the developers like to put things into one gigantic package, so they like to code the things they use themselves.

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
Problem is, the developers like to put things into one gigantic package, so they like to code the things they use themselves.

Ok. I can respect that. I guess all I can say is that I would love to be a part of planning this if it is done. If it is not, thanks for your time.

-William-

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Not a lot of people get to 1k subs each day (or whatever the requirement is). If you do have the required subscribers then you could apply for your name/channel to be on the wall. There wouldn't be a lot of people applying.

Obviously it's not the Developer's top priority at the moment, but it is a cool idea.

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe instead of having an actual wall on the MCSG hub there could be a separate forum on the main page for 'highly ranked' youtubers. Of course, only the people with the required amount of subs/views ect. could actually post a thread to prevent the forum from being spammed. In their thread they can have their bio and youtube link/videos ect.

CandyCranium

District 13
Reaction score
I can already tell that the people who want this are the people who want to be noticed on YouTube :p

I do agree, it would be good to have this, but HOWEVER, like people have already said above, this would require WAYY too much work. The Developer's already have too much on their plate, and they probably can't get to this.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I'd just be curious to see how many people with over 1k subs record on mcsg :3

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
Not a lot of people get to 1k subs each day (or whatever the requirement is). If you do have the required subscribers then you could apply for your name/channel to be on the wall. There wouldn't be a lot of people applying.

Obviously it's not the Developer's top priority at the moment, but it is a cool idea.
I agree 100%!! I don't think that a lot of people would reach that point that often. But then again, There are a lot of you tubers out there.

And yes. I am sure that the Mods have much better things to do with their work time.

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
Maybe instead of having an actual wall on the MCSG hub there could be a separate forum on the main page for 'highly ranked' youtubers. Of course, only the people with the required amount of subs/views ect. could actually post a thread to prevent the forum from being spammed. In their thread they can have their bio and youtube link/videos ect.
This could work indeed. It would still server the purpose of making a community for Youtubers to get together. It would also serve as advertising for the Yotubers. Thanks for the input!!

_William

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
I can already tell that the people who want this are the people who want to be noticed on YouTube :p

I do agree, it would be good to have this, but HOWEVER, like people have already said above, this would require WAYY too much work. The Developer's already have too much on their plate, and they probably can't get to this.
Yes, I do realize that this would be a lot of work for either route that you take. So I do not expect to have this any time soon or ever.

I think the idea from croe97 would fix that as well. It would much easier to add people than an actual wall in the hub. and I think that it may be more effective for advertising because then people can click on a link instead of remembering.

Thanks for your input!!

-William-

Elvishminer

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input to this!! It has given me a very good idea for what is going on with the server and the people running it!! I am very happy to the response that I have got so far.

Thank you all for your input!!

-William-

CandyCranium

District 13
Reaction score
I agree 100%!! I don't think that a lot of people would reach that point that often. But then again, There are a lot of you tubers out there.

And yes. I am sure that the Mods have much better things to do with their work time.
This could work indeed. It would still server the purpose of making a community for Youtubers to get together. It would also serve as advertising for the Yotubers. Thanks for the input!!

_William
Yes, I do realize that this would be a lot of work for either route that you take. So I do not expect to have this any time soon or ever.

I think the idea from croe97 would fix that as well. It would much easier to add people than an actual wall in the hub. and I think that it may be more effective for advertising because then people can click on a link instead of remembering.

Thanks for your input!!

-William-
Me too!!!! It would be very interesting to see.

-William-
Thanks for all the input to this!! It has given me a very good idea for what is going on with the server and the people running it!! I am very happy to the response that I have got so far.

Thank you all for your input!!

-William-

This guy needs to get banned. NAO. He quintuple posted. I don't think anybody has EVER done that. Ban. NAO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci