• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

YouTuber Showdown! [Roster]

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Guys the event is starting very shortly, a lot of you are not accepting my Skype request.

@TheInvisibleGuy Add me on Skype: Gunnishone

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, the event basically failed. I'm not sure whether to postpone or cancel it.

The first thing that went wrong was the amount of people that showed up. I think we only had 9 people, plus some extra YouTubers that weren't on the roster. I told everyone to add me on Skype and I tried my best to find everyones Skype accounts, I had a lot of pending requests that you guys weren't accepting.

The second thing that went wrong was the server. I was lead to believe that there would be enough empty US servers to fit us all in, there wasn't. We really didn't want a lot of randoms and we couldn't get just the participants into the game.

So yeah, I'm not sure if it will go ahead, the way it will is if I can find a private server or get a dev to open a server for us, like they did with the Hell Games.

Tell me what you think.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, the event basically failed. I'm not sure whether to postpone or cancel it.

The first thing that went wrong was the amount of people that showed up. I think we only had 9 people, plus some extra YouTubers that weren't on the roster. I told everyone to add me on Skype and I tried my best to find everyones Skype accounts, I had a lot of pending requests that you guys weren't accepting.

The second thing that went wrong was the server. I was lead to believe that there would be enough empty US servers to fit us all in, there wasn't. We really didn't want a lot of randoms and we couldn't get just the participants into the game.

So yeah, I'm not sure if it will go ahead, the way it will is if I can find a private server or get a dev to open a server for us, like they did with the Hell Games.

Tell me what you think.
I only told you they were quite empty from personal experience. Logically if we had gotten 24 players than the game would be full, no donors bother going downstairs cause they can always join upstairs, I'm sorry I failed you :(

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
I only told you they were quite empty from personal experience. Logically if we had gotten 24 players than the game would be full, no donors bother going downstairs cause they can always join upstairs, I'm sorry I failed you :(
No problem, I should have double-checked first.

Even if we did have 24, it would still be much easier if we had a private server. Do you there's any chance getting a server whitelisted by a Dev/Chad? If anyone here has a server that we can use, PM me :)

PUR3SK1LL7

Survivor
Reaction score
No problem, I should have double-checked first.

Even if we did have 24, it would still be much easier if we had a private server. Do you there's any chance getting a server whitelisted by a Dev/Chad? If anyone here has a server that we can use, PM me :)
Asian servers are the way to go. It's smack-bang in the middle of all the continents, so we all get a fair go. I was talking to someone in the group and we both came to the decision that the AS servers would be the better option. I took a look at how full they were after the failed event, and some of the servers were empty with 20 secs left. So, yeah, I reckon AS servers.

Also, kinda on topic, if they do come to this decision, *Cough* Americans *Cough*, please don't complain about lag. Try and live in Australia for a few weeks, then you know the true meaning of lag.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Asian servers are the way to go. It's smack-bang in the middle of all the continents, so we all get a fair go. I was talking to someone in the group and we both came to the decision that the AS servers would be the better option. I took a look at how full they were after the failed event, and some of the servers were empty with 20 secs left. So, yeah, I reckon AS servers.

Also, kinda on topic, if they do come to this decision, *Cough* Americans *Cough*, please don't complain about lag. Try and live in Australia for a few weeks, then you know the true meaning of lag.
I suggested Asia at the beginning of the event but the 'Muricans objected :/
I would LOVE to play AS ;)

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm really sorry I missed the original deadline, as I was unable to get on (out of unforseen occurances). I definitaly(how do you spell that again? xD) will be there this time as long as its on a sat(other than sep 7).
Should I still add you on skype?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci