• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

You were the best candidate? Interesting wording.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
*Disclaimer* I am perfectly fine with the donor system, please don't reply that I'm just mad that I can't donate, please hear me out, I know donors maintain the server.

Alright so everytime you get kicked by a donor it says you were the best candidate.

Right now the "best candidate is the person who joined last.

Why not change it to whoever is AFK? Why not have a system with hidden points that incorporates, if you are AFK AND how long ago you joined?

I don't get frustrated because I get kicked, I get frustrated because I'm getting kicked and there is at least 3 players AFK in the spawning room in the lobby.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
What if they were just browsing the net or something when they were in the lobby? That would kind of suck.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
What if they were just browsing the net or something when they were in the lobby? That would kind of suck.
The people in the spawn room in the lobby have not moved since the lobby start.

Also in my personal opinion actual people running around in the lobby should be safer then people 'browsing the net".

(Also you're a backstabbing prick :p, never team up with Arena!)

Vyn

Spectator
Reaction score
I feel bad being a donor sometimes. I donated to the site because I wanted to support it, not because I wanted to barge into a room and kick someone out xD So whenever I try and join a server, I try to join one that doesn't have 24 people in it yet, to avoid kicking someone. I do see your point, about the AFK thing, but I think it might be fair to kick the last person that joined, because they got there last, and other people have been waiting longer to play on that map.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Exactly.

I tend to browse the forums while waiting in the lobby.
Doesn't mean I'm AFK.
I am more talking about the people who leave during spectating, never move in the lobby, and are sitting ducks for people who stay at the cornucopia once the game starts.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel bad being a donor sometimes. I donated to the site because I wanted to support it, not because I wanted to barge into a room and kick someone out xD So whenever I try and join a server, I try to join one that doesn't have 24 people in it yet, to avoid kicking someone. I do see your point, about the AFK thing, but I think it might be fair to kick the last person that joined, because they got there last, and other people have been waiting longer to play on that map.
But it's not fair to the person who gets in a lobby, gets ready to play a the game, gets kicked and he gets into the game again after it started and sees 4 people just sitting on the podium waiting for their imminent death, knowing that you would already be miles away looting chests, it just leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

Also as I already said, I love donors, they have the balls to actually give money to this thing, you guys deserve to play whenever you want, it's just the system should be more selective on who it kicks.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Donating needs to be thought through.

Perhaps kick the person who has been on the longest!?

Reactions: Vyn

Vyn

Spectator
Reaction score
But it's not fair to the person who gets in a lobby, gets ready to play a the game, gets kicked and he gets into the game again after it started and sees 4 people just sitting on the podium waiting for their imminent death, knowing that you would already be miles away looting chests, it just leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

Also as I already said, I love donors, they have the balls to actually give money to this thing, you guys deserve to play whenever you want, it's just the system should be more selective on who it kicks.
I see your point. So if say like, they haven't moved for a minute and 30 seconds, then they are the first ones for donors to kick?

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Donating needs to be thought through.

Perhaps kick the person who has been on the longest!?
ummm.............

I don't know if you're joking but I have been on a server where a guy was AFK 3 rounds in a row, that's what I'm talking about, kick him instead of the person who just got on ready to play.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
I see your point. So if say like, they haven't moved for a minute and 30 seconds, then they are the first ones for donors to kick?
Maybe even a bit longer, like 3 minutes.

Also the point system that i suggested could come into play.

Donor is coming in.

There is one AFK person who has been AFK for 1:30 but has been on the server for 2 hours.

And one person who just joined, would be kicked.

But then there can be someone who has been AFK for 4 minutes and has been on the server 15 minutes would get kicked over a person who just joined.

Just make it truly the best candidate.

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
I am more talking about the people who leave during spectating, never move in the lobby, and are sitting ducks for people who stay at the cornucopia once the game starts.
Those are 'ghosts' that aren't really there, but have just glitched out and show up. They can't be kicked (as far as I know)

As far as I can tell the reasoning is that since you were the last person to join, you've also been waiting less than everybody else.
You may think it's unfair now, but wouldn't it be more unfair to get kicked in the lobby after waiting the entire 4 minutes for a game to start over somebody that just joined 10 seconds ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci