• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

You vs Teams/Better Geared Players

Matthew83610

Tribute
Reaction score
Have you ever had great gear and gone against a team of players who are slightly less geared but you thought you could take them until you had your bum handed to you? Have you ever done the same but vice versa? If so you're probably thinking to yourself that once you get decent gear in Hunger Games it's game over. I'm here to tell you that this is wrong. Here is a scenario I got into where I ended up triumphing because I gave myself a second to think before I attacked. Picture this, you have full iron armour and an iron sword and you're pretty confident you can take on anyone who comes at you. You're going to spawn on Survival Games 5 when you see names through the wall. You pause, quickly turning up your sound you shift and watch their names through the wall. They had full iron armour and one of them had an iron sword, they other, was unconfirmed. It's almost night so you camp out and wait for the chests to refill. You formulate a plan in which you will attack them when they are in the chests and take advantage of their clumsiness. When the chests refill you see one name goes towards the chests while the other watches over him, you quickly change your plan in your head and rush for the guy watching over his mate who is unaware you are coming from just out of his field of vision. You swing and stab and repeatedly bash him not even bothering to do that ridiculous block and hit move. When you kill him you turn over to his friend and see that he has a diamond sword and is swimming through the water trying to kill you. You hit him back before swimming back onto dry land to finish him off from afar when all of a sudden someone camacazis out of the sky into the water and tries to kill you. Unaware of this you quickly think what you can do to keep them both off of you. You decided that if they are both in the water then you will have the upper hand. You hit him into the water before pulling out your bow and quickly and cleanly finishing them both off.

Sorry if that is a long read guys but the summary basically is, with tactics you can almost never lose. Basically what I want to teach you guys is that rushing into battle is often a foolish move which never pays off. Yes it is a tactic but you need to learn to use your tactics effectively. Rushing into battle against a person with the same armour as you holding a wooden sword isn't smart especially if they anticipate you're going to do exactly that and keep a diamond sword one mouse scroll away. Here is a step by step guide of how I recommend you formulate your battle strategy to come out on top. (Please do not follow this if on AU, I don't want to have people who might be able to pose a threat!) :3

Step 1:
How many people are there who might try and kill you if you attack one of the people you plan to kill.

Step 2:
Evaluate what you know about them, win/loss ratio based off of your own knowledge, point count, gear count, how recognisable (famous) are they?

Step 3:
Take into account your environment, are you on top of trees or swimming a vast ocean. Do you have a tool which can give you an upper hand in the environment, i.e. A boat for the ocean.

Step 4:
Using the above form a plan in which you take out your most powerful opponent and don't allow them to get an upper hand. Try to corner them and make it so they cannot run away and regain health.

QUICK TIP:
Plan a few strategies ahead of time for each map and for each major player you see often.

Here are some example strategies I have performed or planned.

MAP: Survival Games
WHERE: Pirate Cove Boat
This isn't so much a strategy as it is a way to secure loot for you. What you do is when you run to the boat punch a few people to the side so that they aren't running straight at it anymore, don't punch them forwards as half a heart of damage isn't going to counter the boost you have given them. When you get to the boat scan the chests as quickly as possible and grab one with a sword, it doesn't matter if it is wooden or stone but just grab one. Now, usually when you rush boat there are two to three other people there who won't bother you till they get their gear, what you want to do is using your sword kill the player who poses the biggest threat first and then finish the rest off. If you did this successfully you should have a boat full of loot and around 20 extra points to your name.

MAP: Moonlight Lake
WHERE: Spawn
This is more of a survival strategy but it will be more beneficial to an experienced bowman and a Minecraft parkour enthusiast. What you want to do is if you have a bow with a decent amount of arrows is if you are being chased run around the platforms at spawn. Every time you hear a splash turn around and shoot them, charge your bow to the max you can before you are within the range of their sword. If you have been running for a while and you haven't heard a splash charge your bow turn around and shoot them with as fast as possible, it doesn't matter how much charge you put on them but they will not expect you to turn around and will be unprepared. Once they have been knocked back you can pull out the big charges and shoot them with max power assuming they fell into the water. After that it should be fairly easy to finish them off. In the event that you didn't hit them off the water repeat the bow technique again only this time try to jump to the side as they will be anticipating you doing the same thing again.

MORE COMING SOON...

Sorry I don't have many examples. In my opinion the guide is sort of without detail onto how you can do it yourself but it is really up to you. You have to learn to formulate strategies yourself that complement your play style. If you have any suggestions for the guide please leave it below and give me an honest rating on how you think the guide was, but please, constructive criticism, nothing derogatory or pointless. One last tip I have before I go is learn to use your secondary weapons more effectively. With flint and steel I set this guy on fire who was WAY better geared than me and although I only had a wooden sword and a bow I managed to kill him because the flint and steel weakened him and I only had to use the bow to finish him off as he ran away. So remember guys, gear makes you win obviously, but strategy gets you that gear. Watch other players after you die and see what they do, trust me, it helps.

sionghwee

Experienced
Reaction score
MAP: Survival Games
WHERE: Pirate Cove Boat
This isn't so much a strategy as it is a way to secure loot for you. What you do is when you run to the boat punch a few people to the side so that they aren't running straight at it anymore, don't punch them forwards as half a heart of damage isn't going to counter the boost you have given them. When you get to the boat scan the chests as quickly as possible and grab one with a sword, it doesn't matter if it is wooden or stone but just grab one. Now, usually when you rush boat there are two to three other people there who won't bother you till they get their gear, what you want to do is using your sword kill the player who poses the biggest threat first and then finish the rest off. If you did this successfully you should have a boat full of loot and around 20 extra points to your name.

MAP: Moonlight Lake
WHERE: Spawn
This is more of a survival strategy but it will be more beneficial to an experienced bowman and a Minecraft parkour enthusiast. What you want to do is if you have a bow with a decent amount of arrows is if you are being chased run around the platforms at spawn. Every time you hear a splash turn around and shoot them, charge your bow to the max you can before you are within the range of their sword. If you have been running for a while and you haven't heard a splash charge your bow turn around and shoot them with as fast as possible, it doesn't matter how much charge you put on them but they will not expect you to turn around and will be unprepared. Once they have been knocked back you can pull out the big charges and shoot them with max power assuming they fell into the water. After that it should be fairly easy to finish them off. In the event that you didn't hit them off the water repeat the bow technique again only this time try to jump to the side as they will be anticipating you doing the same thing again.

[
1:what if you don't have a weapon and a guy came with a weapon? What if someone beat you( VERY PROBABLY)and had a weapon to #%^*+== you?

2:you know you may not be the only person to have bow and arrows.What if the person is a marksmen and shoot you to death before you can react?
Moderate shot are better as they are the only ones that can keep the emeny away, same tactic in solar frost
And hi Matthew remember me from that sg 1 match where are stuck in the private ship chest? :D

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
Here is a big tip to beating teams: separate the target from the group, fight and kill the target, repeat.
But don't limit yourself to using just your sword and bow, use the fishing rod to knock the target away or the other members of the team/clan, and FnS comes in REAL handy when trying to weaken a team, so have these 4 items on you:
  1. Bow
  2. Sword
  3. Fishing Rod
  4. FnS

Ender_Harold

Career
Reaction score
I like what you are explaining on the thread, but I might add that Type 2 Weapons (bows,flint&steal) are best against most teams other than a regular weapon. ;)

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
It's not that hard to kill someone more stacked than you unless they're A: Too stacked B: Pro C:Team(Which isn't really impossible, just a lot harder). How?
Blockhitting, FnS, bow.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Give me full chain, one flint and steal, a bow, 10 arrows and a fishing rod against full iron diamond sword decent players and I'll give them a run for their money, probably resulting in me winning easily.

Matthew83610

Tribute
Reaction score
1:what if you don't have a weapon and a guy came with a weapon? What if someone beat you( VERY PROBABLY)and had a weapon to #%^*+== you?

2:you know you may not be the only person to have bow and arrows.What if the person is a marksmen and shoot you to death before you can react?
Moderate shot are better as they are the only ones that can keep the emeny away, same tactic in solar frost
And hi Matthew remember me from that sg 1 match where are stuck in the private ship chest? :D

I remember you :p
Anyway thanks for the reply, I'd just like to say that this is only going to help you, if you don't get a weapon then you are most likely screwed. Try to punch them out of your way and run like hell because you need to survive to win but also be equipped and it's better running and getting another chest than dying in a boat. For your second point, practice your bow skills! Secondary weapon skills are really what decides how good a player is and really impacts your game.

Give me full chain, one flint and steal, a bow, 10 arrows and a fishing rod against full iron diamond sword decent players and I'll give them a run for their money, probably resulting in me winning easily.
Similar thing happened to me today. I just went against a guy in full iron with a diamond sword and I was the same except with a stone sword and I ended up killing him. I got a few hits with the stone sword but most of the damage done was with my bow. I feel very strongly about the bow in this game and especially this gamemode.

It's not that hard to kill someone more stacked than you unless they're A: Too stacked B: Pro C:Team(Which isn't really impossible, just a lot harder). How?
Blockhitting, FnS, bow.
Going back to my last point replying to Darkai, I love my bow. I also love my flint and steel. I don't use the fishing rod too much but when I need to I will use it. I don't really like blockhitting though, sometimes I feel as if instead of hitting and blocking I just block and miss the hit, I prefer to spin in circles :D

SullisaurusRex

Survivor
Reaction score
You can take on anybody if you're good with a bow and collect some arrows.. I was playin SG1 and had a HORRIBLE run. Made it to deathmatch with all leather armor, wood sword, and 20 arrows.

I picked my first target: All iron armor and diamond sword and opened fire! Granted this guy was pretty poor at strafing but moving backwards and popping him with 5-6 arrows before jumping in and finishing him with my sword still took a lot of good aim but is completely achievable. Then i ran over his inventory and put distance between me and last guy. He had all chain except leather pants and he ran to what was left when my inventory filled. I checked my inventory excitedly only to find not a scrap of the iron armor or diamond sword. Only wood and leather. I looked up to see the last guy charging at me with his newly acquired diamond sword but he never touched me because i picked up a stack of arrows from the first guy. If you can plan your shots and aim well you can win any fight with bow and arrows

Matthew83610

Tribute
Reaction score
You can take on anybody if you're good with a bow and collect some arrows.. I was playin SG1 and had a HORRIBLE run. Made it to deathmatch with all leather armor, wood sword, and 20 arrows.

I picked my first target: All iron armor and diamond sword and opened fire! Granted this guy was pretty poor at strafing but moving backwards and popping him with 5-6 arrows before jumping in and finishing him with my sword still took a lot of good aim but is completely achievable. Then i ran over his inventory and put distance between me and last guy. He had all chain except leather pants and he ran to what was left when my inventory filled. I checked my inventory excitedly only to find not a scrap of the iron armor or diamond sword. Only wood and leather. I looked up to see the last guy charging at me with his newly acquired diamond sword but he never touched me because i picked up a stack of arrows from the first guy. If you can plan your shots and aim well you can win any fight with bow and arrows
Lol, it seems as if you wrote a story there. But it's true, people underestimate the power of a bow. The bow for me is basically my fishing rod except more powerful. I use it to knock back players and to hurt them. Hell I just took on a team of 3 yesterday using my bow to keep em' away and finish them off from range. Granted I had an iron sword yes but I still used my bow a ton. AND I WON TEH HUNGER GAMES <3

SullisaurusRex

Survivor
Reaction score
Lol, it seems as if you wrote a story there. But it's true, people underestimate the power of a bow. The bow for me is basically my fishing rod except more powerful. I use it to knock back players and to hurt them. Hell I just took on a team of 3 yesterday using my bow to keep em' away and finish them off from range. Granted I had an iron sword yes but I still used my bow a ton. AND I WON TEH HUNGER GAMES <3
Well it kind of was a story but 100% true lol. You can ask the guy who was in the game with me. I was just gonna say the first part but once I started typing it, I remembered how awesome it was and had to finish it out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci