• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES WorldTour - Survival Games Map

Would You like to See This Map On Mcgamer ?

• Yes of course its awesome !

• No i dont like this map !

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavuTR

Spectator
Reaction score
Tebrik ederim inşallah seçilicek bizde türk olduğumuzdan gurur duyarak haritada oynuyucaz

SaderMC

Tribute
Reaction score
It looks very nice but maybe add a bit detail because its a bit plain.

But anyways good luck!
-Sader

Zorua635

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello,

my first impression on the map was "This map looks really good!" but then I thought "Hm, that Eiffel Tower and the other buildings look really good in comparison to the Statue of Liberty. So I went and googled some of them and I found out that the Burj al Arab as well as the main building, the Eiffel Tower, can be found as schematics on planetminecraft.com.

The Burj was copied and edited slightly but you can still see that it was not built yourselves. Here you can find the Burj to download it yourself and check it out:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/burj-al-arab-hotel/
As I said, some parts are edited but the main structure is the same.

Now to the more obvious part - the Eiffel Tower.
To make it visible for everyone, I took some screenshots of the tower I downloaded here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/eiffel-tower-schematic/

If you take a closer look at the first screenshot provided at spawn, especially at the connections between the pillars, it doesn't need a professional to see that this one is just pasted in. He just replaced the brown wool with white hardened clay which I did for you already for better visibility. One more thing that's really obvious is the lanterns.

So now that this is cleared up, I'd advice you to create an Eiffel Tower and a Burj al Arab yourself if you do not want to embarrass yourself ridiculously. I personally find it impudent to just blatantly copy from other builders without even crediting them.

Cheers and have a great day,

Zorua

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Hello,

my first impression on the map was "This map looks really good!" but then I thought "Hm, that Eiffel Tower and the other buildings look really good in comparison to the Statue of Liberty. So I went and googled some of them and I found out that the Burj al Arab as well as the main building, the Eiffel Tower, can be found as schematics on planetminecraft.com.

The Burj was copied and edited slightly but you can still see that it was not built yourselves. Here you can find the Burj to download it yourself and check it out:

To make it visible for everyone, I took some screenshots of the tower I downloaded here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/eiffel-tower-schematic/

If you take a closer look at the first screenshot provided at spawn, especially at the connections between the pillars, it doesn't need a professional to see that this one is just pasted in. He just replaced the brown wool with white hardened clay which I did for you already for better visibility. One more thing that's really obvious is the lanterns.

So now that this is cleared up, I'd advice you to create an Eiffel Tower and a Burj al Arab yourself if you do not want to embarrass yourself ridiculously. I personally find it impudent to just blatantly copy from other builders without even crediting them.

Zorua
This isn't necessarily against the rules if you give credit where its due; map makers use things like tree packs all the time. The map still looks effective and realistic, so I wouldnt have a problem with this being on McG.

The only time things not getting credited is really an issue is when it's used for profit. I doubt this map will be sold anywhere, more than likely the builders will simply get a Mapper rank.

Zorua635

Spectator
Reaction score
This isn't necessarily against the rules if you give credit where its due; map makers use things like tree packs all the time. The map still looks effective and realistic, so I wouldnt have a problem with this being on McG.

The only time things not getting credited is really an issue is when it's used for profit. I doubt this map will be sold anywhere, more than likely the builders will simply get a Mapper rank.
The thing is: if you were to make a revamped version of a map, you need permission of the map maker. So if you just take the project of a builder without asking him and then you don't even MENTION him in the thread, I think this shouldn't be allowed. It's not allowed in real life to just take a painting or something and make others think that it's your one. This map was created with the Eiffel Tower in it with the obvious intention to make people think they built it themselves.

Zorua635

Spectator
Reaction score

Well, also the stuff with the trees is something completly different, because the eiffel tower is the main building of this map and the rest is built around it, also it is used to make profit, well kinda, because they are obviously intending on getting map maker rank. I dont really think they want their map added, because if so they would have built it by themselves instead. Even though i have no evidence, i also think that most of the other buildings are going to be copied aswell so i would rather not see this added if it is just a compilation of famous sights that other people have built.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Well, also the stuff with the trees is something completly different, because the eiffel tower is the main building of this map and the rest is built around it, also it is used to make profit, well kinda, because they are obviously intending on getting map maker rank. I dont really think they want their map added, because if so they would have built it by themselves instead. Even though i have no evidence, i also think that most of the other buildings are going to be copied aswell so i would rather not see this added if it is just a compilation of famous sights that other people have built.
I still don't think the builders are at fault here. Even if they did download the eiffel tower and use it in their map, it's the eiffel tower. It's not like it's an original build, it's meant to be a scale replication of a building made in real life, which for most maps is extremely uncommon. I say coincidence that the two towers look similar. There's dozens or even hundreds of different "eiffel towers" that all look like the original because the builder copied something that already existed. It would have taken the same amount of creativity either way, anybody can look at a picture and make a scale model of it and claim it is "theirs".

Clarification from the map makers would be nice either way.

BurakAskan

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello,

Zorua
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/petronas-towers-year-3465/

SurvivalGames2 :)

Ecclezia

Spectator
Reaction score
Just a word.LEGENDARY Map.I love it.It must be at the MCGamer.

-Bir Minecraft Evi Hayranı :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci