• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[WIP]Map for Survival Games with ancient buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimevan

Spectator
Reaction score
We (MaximusII and me) originally started building with an Aztec-like theme, but later on we decided it isn't just Aztec-like, but just ancient. This map is not ready yet, a lot still has to be done.

We haven't got a good cornucopia yet. The map was made for 15 people, but it will be 24 later on, although we don't exactly know how to make a suitable cornucopia.
Another thing is the wall.. All maps we see have a glass dome around it and we just have a 4 to 5 high wall (not even a circle) around the map. We don't know if it's mandatory, so we will keep it like this for now.

Some extra information about the map:
-coords for the start are at X: -175 and Z: 325
-46 chests (still counting...)
-traps, most of them with a chance to escape
-challenges (jumping, climbing)
-puzzles (buttons, water)
-incredible cornucopia =3
-high places to search for other players
-great terrain, including big mountains, dense forests, swamps, ravine, and more!

Some pictures:

Download the map:
http://updo.nl/file/82ad32bc.zip (old)
http://updo.nl/file/4eab7205.zip (new!)

We highly appreciate both positive and negative comments.

Rimevan and MaximusII

Rimevan

Spectator
Reaction score
by the pics it looks cool
and if you can't make a good cornucopia there's is a place where you can download some
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...-24-and-48-man-cornucopias-for-download.1456/
Thanks=) You can download it if you really like it. There are some challenging places.

I saw the topic with cornucopia's but none of them suits this map I think. Our 'cornucopia' isn't even round now. It is just 15 cages next to each other. We might just delete the whole building and make a whole new, and round, cornucopia.

Rimevan

Awopcxet

Experienced
Reaction score
If wanted i could help with the corn,
i sure i could make a nice cornucopia

Rimevan

Spectator
Reaction score
If wanted i could help with the corn,
i sure i could make a nice cornucopia
Sure! Although you can't get on the server where we work on it (it is a private server ;) ), you can edit the map and send it back. I won't promise anything, but if the cornucopia is good and if it fits the style we will add it=)

Rimevan

Silverrock

Survivor
Reaction score
LOL, although i like the idea it kinda reminds me of the new map :). Although i think this one could really work too.

Silverrock

Survivor
Reaction score
I dunno exactly, a second glance at it though kinda changes my mind. I would love to see this map implemented.

Rimevan

Spectator
Reaction score
We just realized that our map is actually too small.. We want to build a glass wall with a diameter of 500 (minimum size) but we don't know which mod allows us to do so: we haven't ever used mods. Does anyone know how to make such a dome quickly?

Rimevan

Silverrock

Survivor
Reaction score
MCedit. You can build the glass dome in that i believe. I have done it before. just make sure the setting is on hollow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci