• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Winds of Change 2: On Darker Tides

Winds of Change 2

• Yas

Votes: 37 92.5%
  • Wai

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Red Forest and I, along with my helpers who were fans of the original Winds of Change have now completed. WINDS OF CHANGE 2: ON DARKER TIDES! This is part of a dual map update from Red Forest with Pirates Refuge, check it out here-http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/rf8-pirates-refuge.235812/

-Fireworks-

The original map was loved by many and was a personal favourite of mine but the original was built in only 28 hours. This meant a lot of quality was left out and parts were rushed. There were an abundance of messages for people wanting to revamp the map to a higher quality. So we decided as a build team to take it on. We listened to everyone's feedback from the original and rebuilt the map from scratch!

Some changes are:
-Shallower water
-Less water
-Larger corn cave radius (Up to 75 radius from 50)
-more lighting in caves
-Higher build quality
-New caves
-Village on upper section of map
-multiple ways up to the top of the map
-new mangrove area
-more shipwrecks
-bridges and lilypads to make it easier to cross water areas

Original Map Concept-
For the map I wanted to get a really cool concept down, so I looked through the community ideas on the forums for maps people wanted to see. I decided to do a combination map of a pirates cove idea and a cavern map idea, so the map has the best of both worlds, if you like the open water/ship style gameplay- half the map is like that, and the other half is caverns if you prefer interior style gameplay. For this map I used lighting for effect, like the caves further into the cave system are darker... and some areas are lit in a certain way to highlight some key areas!

Storyline-
"We set sail on the hopes of finding a new prosperous land across the sea's... And by chance we found it, But this land was far more treacherous than we had anticipated.. The land of Pirates! They captured us and threw us into their pits as tributes for their gods..
They gave us some kind of medication, that caused the crew to become rabid.. Don't you feel it brother? My mind becomes more and more clouded each day. We have to escape this cursed place before we rip each other apart.. but I fear its too late.

The tides have turned my child.. The Winds of Change are upon us.."

Trailer-

Screenshots-

Info-

We spent maybe a month on the build, it was important for us to raise the quality from the original so a lot of time went into detailing! The map is 200 radius and we kept the tiering as close as possible to the original! So it shouldn't be difficult to find a route!

The original few commenters on the original Winds of Change thread got their names in the graveyard!

In this map we did use some tree packs to better vary our tree styles and just in general increase the quality of the map, so special thanks to lentebriesje and Kenofox for creating their tree packs and allowing their use publicly!

Also special thanks to Mauro for creating the awesome trailer and getting the screenshots for us!

Sabit

District 13
Reaction score
i liek it hope it gets accepted!
plot twist: it probably will

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
Omg I adore this map, can't wait to play on it!
#hype

N

Nikola

Nine, amazing work buddy.

I sadly didn't do anything even doe I had sooo many plans.. but nevertheless I'm glad you guys made this map look even more amazing than it actually looked before. Good job RedForest <3

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Nice to see it finally finished! Looks nice buddy, I think using tree packs was the right move

HomeGoods

Career
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Red Forest and I, along with my helpers who were fans of the original Winds of Change have now completed. WINDS OF CHANGE 2: ON DARKER TIDES! This is part of a dual map update from Red Forest with Pirates Refuge, check it out here-http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/rf8-pirates-refuge.235812/

-Fireworks-

The original map was loved by many and was a personal favourite of mine but the original was built in only 28 hours. This meant a lot of quality was left out and parts were rushed. There were an abundance of messages for people wanting to revamp the map to a higher quality. So we decided as a build team to take it on. We listened to everyone's feedback from the original and rebuilt the map from scratch!

Some changes are:
-Shallower water
-Less water
-Larger corn cave radius (Up to 75 radius from 50)
-more lighting in caves
-Higher build quality
-New caves
-Village on upper section of map
-multiple ways up to the top of the map
-new mangrove area
-more shipwrecks
-bridges and lilypads to make it easier to cross water areas

Original Map Concept-
For the map I wanted to get a really cool concept down, so I looked through the community ideas on the forums for maps people wanted to see. I decided to do a combination map of a pirates cove idea and a cavern map idea, so the map has the best of both worlds, if you like the open water/ship style gameplay- half the map is like that, and the other half is caverns if you prefer interior style gameplay. For this map I used lighting for effect, like the caves further into the cave system are darker... and some areas are lit in a certain way to highlight some key areas!

Storyline-
"We set sail on the hopes of finding a new prosperous land across the sea's... And by chance we found it, But this land was far more treacherous than we had anticipated.. The land of Pirates! They captured us and threw us into their pits as tributes for their gods..
They gave us some kind of medication, that caused the crew to become rabid.. Don't you feel it brother? My mind becomes more and more clouded each day. We have to escape this cursed place before we rip each other apart.. but I fear its too late.

The tides have turned my child.. The Winds of Change are upon us.."

Trailer-

Screenshots-

Info-

We spent maybe a month on the build, it was important for us to raise the quality from the original so a lot of time went into detailing! The map is 200 radius and we kept the tiering as close as possible to the original! So it shouldn't be difficult to find a route!

The original few commenters on the original Winds of Change thread got their names in the graveyard!

In this map we did use some tree packs to better vary our tree styles and just in general increase the quality of the map, so special thanks to lentebriesje and Kenofox for creating their tree packs and allowing their use publicly!

Also special thanks to Mauro for creating the awesome trailer and getting the screenshots for us!
As myself loving "Winds Of Change" I'd really enjoy a V2! Looking great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci