• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Windows 8 Screenshot Help

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Did you read the other posts? This has sorta already been answed :p
No, because yours doesn't work. :pYou said yourself, you don't know about W8, and you didn't, so I explained it.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
As a fellow Windows 8 user, it is kind of hard to retrieve your screenshots. All you have to do is go to the start menu by pressing the Windows key, and type %appdata% and hit enter. A window will pop up on your desktop. Then select .minecraft, and then open the screenshots folder. And viola, there are the screenshots!

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
You haven't tried it, haven't you >.>

EDIT Here we go with the flame wars :p
I'll try to say this in a non-flame way. Windows 8 is poo because the way it is designed and its interface is not really pc-oriented. It is more like a tablet-style look. When you scroll, it goes sideways, there is no windows key/start menu, you cant really search for folders/files easily, and they pretty much tried to make it look attractive but in doing so they sacrificed normal needed things. Basically they made normal computer tasks take one step more. It's just not designed with a bunch of flaws, and makes everything harder.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I'll try to say this in a non-flame way. Windows 8 is poo because the way it is designed and its interface is not really pc-oriented. It is more like a tablet-style look. When you scroll, it goes sideways, there is no windows key/start menu, you cant really search for folders/files easily, and they pretty much tried to make it look attractive but in doing so they sacrificed normal needed things. Basically they made normal computer tasks take one step more. It's just not designed with a bunch of flaws, and makes everything harder.
So you are saying that you don't like things because they are different than the others. That's kinda racist I think. Imo things don't need to be the same that they were back in Windows 98. It's Metro-styled because of Windows' Mobile OS, and I like the way it's different. Windows 8 is a tablet OS, and that's why it lacks some of the functionalities. It's new and refreshing. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, and I gotta say, missing Start button was a bit confusing. But if you use it daily, like I do, you are gonna love it! You can't stick with the desktop design forever. Things have to change or ppl get bored. In future, there isn't going to be any W7 computers out in the shops. Microsoft rules here and tells the other what to do.

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
So you are saying that you don't like things because they are different than the others. That's kinda racist I think. Imo things don't need to be the same that they were back in Windows 98. It's Metro-styled because of Windows' Mobile OS, and I like the way it's different. Windows 8 is a tablet OS, and that's why it lacks some of the functionalities. It's new and refreshing. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, and I gotta say, missing Start button was a bit confusing. But if you use it daily, like I do, you are gonna love it! You can't stick with the desktop design forever. Things have to change or ppl get bored. In future, there isn't going to be any W7 computers out in the shops. Microsoft rules here and tells the other what to do.
Racist? I cannot even...

Just watch this, this is how i feel

Reactions: Wyz

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Racist? I cannot even...

Just watch this, this is how i feel

Nice, but I don't care what everyone else says, I like Windows 8. You can hate it, I'm cool with that :) But if you haven't tried it yet, head to a MSFT shop and try it out.

5Life

crafter extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ctrl+r
Type in Appdata (no silly percent signs)
Go Roaming
minecraft
screenshots
dun

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
This works for Windows 7, so I'm not sure for 8, but you can give it a shot.
Go to your Start Menu > Type "%appdata%" without quotation marks > Double-click "Roaming" > Double-click ".minecraft" > Double-click "screenshots"

There you go, hope this helped.
Haha I just went through my screenshots and found that out of the 20 or so that I had, about 15 of them I'd taken by accident.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci