• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Win boosting and its status in the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Smaha

Experienced
Reaction score
lol you have asked me to leave your name out of my posts here on the forums, then you mention me to this? I should probably just ignore it xD.

One thing that I will say, is that there are many different ways to boost in mcsg. This thread was just made to show the ILLEGAL ways of doing it, by means of people letting you win or hacking etc etc. I never said you did illegal boosting. You earned your win/loss ratio, but you don't deserve to be mentioned in the top ratios in mcsg. That is all I have to say.
Ah. I forgot about that. Thanks for correcting me. I tagged you because I wanted you to notice this thread rather than to start anything. I respect you as a person, reven, although I disagree on your opinion about me (and I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion). :)

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Ah. I forgot about that. Thanks for correcting me. I tagged you because I wanted you to notice this thread rather than to start anything. I respect you as a person, reven, although I disagree on your opinion about me (and I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion). :)
soo hmi 4 copee-rite!!!1!
dat double post lol.

Glad we can just move on sir

Bowboy

Experienced
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmm what about MLGmajestic? how will he win now?

Bommis

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello I have a question, if I play with my friend (we're only two) and we arrive both to deathmatch almost every game and I let him win always or he wins me fairly because I really don't care about wins, does this mean a ban to me and my friend?

Bommis

Spectator
Reaction score
*cough* cough* Ryan Ayden, charmander5000, IntensityPlayz, Taylor1999. 5 Teamed me in SG4 and /kill at dm
Taylor1999 is Shanrrbananrr btw thats one of his alts MCSG should start with IP ban

Bowboy

Experienced
Reaction score
Bluahwi Bluahwi BluAHWI BLUAHWI
i dont understand why bluahwi has hate, i was in a game with him where he solo'ed and won, just one video where he was chat teaming with a hacker and he gets hate xD

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Hello tributes!

"Win boosting" or simply "boosting" is a term used when a player, and a large team go into a game, and let one player win repeatedly. This could be done by teaming the entire game, and having everyone, besides the player who is "boosting" do /kill when they are the last ones remaining, or by other means, such as teaming with people who have installed, and are using hacked clients, or filling empty servers with alternate accounts, and doing /kill on them all to acquire a win. No matter how you do it, any sort of "win boosting" over a span of several games is not allowed on the MCGamer network, and will be punished as necessary.

Keep in mind this does not mean that if you play a game with friends, and they let you win that you will be banned. In order for something to be classified as boosting, it will have taken place over a span of several games, making it very obvious that the intention was to in fact boost up the player's wins in an unfair manner, or if you have played games in empty servers and won a game with no kills, and the game lasted for a very short period of time.

Why is this against the rules? "Boosting" is using unfair means to rank yourself higher on the leaderboards, or to improve statistics. Not only does it give players trying to win by appropriate means a disadvantage when it comes to the leaderboards, but in the case of teaming with people using a hacked client for your advantage you are disadvantaging everyone else in the game for your own gain.

Does this mean teaming is against the rules, or that there is a team size limit? Not at all! There is a huge difference between simply teaming, and using a team to acquire wins in an unfair manner. Teaming is still perfectly allowed as long as that team is not being used for wins. As I mentioned before, even if your friends were to let you win a game occasionally, you will not be punished. Boosting happens over a span of many games, which will most likely not be the case if you are simply playing with your friends.
Thanks to duckluv321 for writing the bulk of this thread for me.
Just one concern, lets say for example you are playing with a friend and every second game you /kill so you both get a win every second game. Is this allowed? So basically sharing wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci