• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why.

Jockstah

Diamond
Reaction score
I am currently finding it very interesting that so many people want it back. What was so good about v1.

Tell me if you agree or disagree, do explain.

Jjppoohhnn

Career
Reaction score
Well it seems like your not a MCSGv1 player so it's wearied and unbelievable for you!But for players like myself who have started playing once it launched is just incredible more intense more Strategic and allot more competitive!

Jockstah

Diamond
Reaction score
I
Well it seems like your not a MCSGv1 player so it's wearied and unbelievable for you!But for players like myself who have started playing once it launched is just incredible more intense more Strategic and allot more competitive!
I started in November. I am v1 dood.

I see where you're coming from but I don't understand why everyone wants it so bad.

Native

District 13
Reaction score
Idk. It's just something new from the normal MCSG servers. The elite players probably want to try and get #1 and no life on a new gamemode :p

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think v1 is more luck based and less strategic and competitive.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I sadly have to agree here. I joined right at the end of V1, and it just seemed like it was all about who managed to find the right stuff by pure chance.
Don't you normally do well by finding the right stuff by chance?

L

Lululioness

If you don't like it, just go play MCSGv2 xD
V1 was so much more challenging and more about survival. It was simply better, and on the Classic servers there are basically only staff and forummers, meaning the people playing there are generally more mature.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
See, I like the fact that it is luck based. It makes it so that sometimes you can actually have a possibility to win if you are absolutely terrible. But I also find that there is a deeper strategy than the brute strength (so called battle tactics like strafing and blockhitting etc) in the more difficult chests. You have more weaknesses that you need to cover with less things. You could have lack of food (sprinting), lack of armor (confidence), or lack of weaponry (hiding out).

Generally it makes for some more balanced playing, because the luck can make it less of one person who has an OP route and knows how to PvP/has an excellent computer into several people who strike it rich and are able to compete where they couldn't before.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
I honestly got extremely bored of MCSG Classic after about 3 games.

MCSGv1 was fun, I agree, but this is most likely only for nostalgic purposes. Sure, we'd all love to go back in time and relive the old days, but we have to move on.

It would be cool if there was some sort of v1 event every couple of weeks on a few select servers, but in my honest opinion, it was a complete waste of time and money to create whole other dedicated servers specifically for something that we upgraded from for a reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci