• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why do people boost/hack?

Reaction score
Yeah, they wanna get them banned lmao.

Anyways, I've made a couple servers with friends. I can tell you right now, hacking? It's not entertaining at all. It's insanely boring, hacked clients take a ton of loopholes to get to, and there's nothing fun about having something click for you.
Again, this is my opinion, this thread was made to inform you about hackers. I gave my opinion, I don't see what the problem is.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
you are whats wrong with MCSG
First off, I rarely play MCSG, and when I do, I just hop onto a hub and say hi. I've only hacked once, on a completely unrelated PRIVATE server, while messing around.

I'm a long time member of this community, and I'd like to think a pretty active one. I've made friends here, and people have befriended me. I'm well, an active member, not one who causes trouble.

Don't be ignorant and call people with anecdotes enemies of the community. Ignorance is the real cause of communal problems, and any problem really. It's expandable to so much globally, really.

DinoTheGreat

Platinum
Reaction score
speaking of hackers, I just died to one. Oh. Wait! There is a hacker in every other game ;).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im so hawt ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
i got all da baes

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
Ok, my ratio, its all me. However at around 193 my friends have been helping me get to 200 so Ceroria | XyZebrAbC can record it. :D I do play for fun, but I've been getting too mad at this game and keep losing, so at 2 hundred I've called that I'm taking a break. So, yeah, also I don't like hurting people's feelings so if someone msgs on Skype I'll play with them. So yeah, theres todays rant.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ok, my ratio, its all me. However at around 193 my friends have been helping me get to 200 so Ceroria | XyZebrAbC can record it. :D I do play for fun, but I've been getting too mad at this game and keep losing, so at 2 hundred I've called that I'm taking a break. So, yeah, also I don't like hurting people's feelings so if someone msgs on Skype I'll play with them. So yeah, theres todays rant.
Ak2ally u bOoSTerRrrR!!!1

Just kidding. Although in all honesty, I think it's the Avesu account charm. I had a 10/24 ratio on it before I gave it up (and I suck at getting good ratios...) That plus your SG skill just.. Yep. Haha

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
Boosting only really has one main explanation; the people participating want a certain account to have a good ratio/they want a high amount of wins, both usually for bragging rights.

Hacking is usually different for all people. Some people hack because they don't wanna spend time to learn the mechanics of the game, so they cheat in order to feel equal with the other players. People also may do it for the same reason as boosting, to win a ton of games with minimal effort in as short of a time as possible, with little-to-no care for the other people competing in the game. Other people do it to get over-reactions out of people; see them freak out and throw fits because they enjoy making people frustrated for their own amusement. Like BlueHeron said, people can also do it just for fun, to feel empowered and 'god-like', which is probably the most common reason for cheaters. Usually these people doing it for fun don't realize how aggravating their cheating can be, or how much of an unfair advantage it is.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly, hacking is fun. Have you ever just cheated a game so you were incredibly OP and could do anything you want? Think of it as messing around in Creative. There's no worry of dying, or limited resources, you can do anything you want, much easier than Survival. I've hacked on a different server once, just to mess around, and it was really fun. No one could stop me, I could fly anywhere, and beat everyone easily. However, at the end of the day, playing legitimately is much more fun, especially if you get banned.
Ex-Hacker, can confirm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci