• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Whispering/friend lists

Mc_Fails

Survivor
Reaction score
So one thing that bugs me about this servers is the inability to whisper, after thinking I believe the reason we can't is because it could be used in mean ways towards players, especially all the young children that play these servers. If this is requested enough I'm sure workarounds could be found.

The solution I came up with is having to allow people to whisper you, with a command such as "adding" as a friend. You could type /add Mc_Fails which would add me to your friends list, and if I did the same we can now whisper in game or in the hub. This would help for the times you're trying to talk without the interruption of others, or privacy. Again, I do not know if this is even anything people want.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Friends list is fine, but you know there is whispering, just from only 10 blocks away, so you can't tell people locations, and such. Being able to whisper cross map is OP.

FossilBricks

Experienced
Reaction score
I personally love the friends list idea I think it would be sick!

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hmm...
I would like a friends list, but whispering across the map is a tad much, as BlitzComet already said

Mc_Fails

Survivor
Reaction score
Friends list is fine, but you know there is whispering, just from only 10 blocks away, so you can't tell people locations, and such. Being able to whisper cross map is OP.
Well scratch the whisper idea then. Although, it would be more accessible than Skype and not as OP as Skype... I agree it is OP, but then Skype is even more...

But People seem to like the friends list idea, so to add on to this some features could be seeing what lobby your friends are in, keep in mind this one isn't too realistic as devs would have a lot of server side features to add if they were to implement this.
Highlighting friends name plates in-game? Idk if possible but they could be green text instead of white, or something similar.
Add any you can think of.

aussieentice

Career
Reaction score
The friend list idea is great! Would love to see it in MCSG. It could be implemented as: [Friend] ChadTheDj or something like that :)

Chad is mah frnd k b jelle

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The coloured nameplates are fine
I don't want anything like 'no friendly fire' though.

Reaction score
I think if both people accepted their friend requests, you should be able to see what server they're on. Then you could sta- play with them moar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci