• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Which Keys Did You Allocate For Sprint ?

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
I use "q" to sprint wih my ring finger. It is right next to "w" making it easy to reach. Also, I use hot keys for my flint and steel. When I have my sprint on "q", I can easily hit "3" (FNS) with my pointer finger, then switch to "1" (sword) with my ring finger and continue sprinting. For other controls, I have my f5 set to "f", drop to "r", push to talk for ts on one of my mouse side buttons, and show players on the other side button (I had a bad habit of hitting tab lol). For fishing rod and bow I use the scroll wheel :)

HeyBecks

Platinum
Reaction score
I use "q" to sprint wih my ring finger. It is right next to "w" making it easy to reach. Also, I use hot keys for my flint and steel. When I have my sprint on "q", I can easily hit "3" (FNS) with my pointer finger, then switch to "1" (sword) with my ring finger and continue sprinting. For other controls, I have my f5 set to "f", drop to "r", push to talk for ts on one of my mouse side buttons, and show players on the other side button (I had a bad habit of hitting tab lol). For fishing rod and bow I use the scroll wheel :)
I had mine exactly like your setup. I find Q for sprint really suitable for hot keys user ^^. Good to know that we both think alike.

Reaction score
I don't know why more people don't do this as it the normal control set for a lot of first person games. I use shift for sprint so I can hit it with my pinky and still move left and right. I then bind control to optifine zoom (pinky as well) and c to crouch (index finger) as there is little need for quick precise movement when you are crouched so I am willing to have reduced ability to strafe right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci