• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

When to Attack & General Strategy

aussieentice

Career
Reaction score
Hmm, well to me, I like getting points, and for me, actively killing is the best way. However, I think killing whilst looking for chests, i.e. when you happen to come across people, is great for loot. And I'm not saying go around with a wooden sword the whole game.. When you loot chests and don't run away from fights, you will get great loot quicker.
It is great for points, and I think it is effective when trying to win. Again, not saying don't loot chests, but not running from fights when you have a sword is best.

Please refrain from double posting as it is against the rules xox

Meddsan

Spectator
Reaction score
Points are only good for placing bounties on rivals and sponsoring friends, they won't get you higher in the leaderboards. And like you said before:

What's the point in killing 5-10 people who have nothing of value while the remaining players actually loot chests and follow routes to the point where they out-gear you?

You may believe that a wooden sword is not much worse than a stone sword but that can make all the difference, on a player with no armour the difference between life and death is just 1 hit with a stone sword. A diamond sword kills in 2 hits less than a wood sword so unless you are a good pvper you won't get very lucky.

Referring to the original post, no-one, and I mean NO-ONE, should spend a whole game being passive and then end up dying in deathmatch. I have a maximum game length which is around 55 mins because I would be passive, loot chests to get good armour and weapon, avoid fights and in deathmatch able to win quickly.

Okay, well I am just saying to not underestimate the power of a wooden sword. And 5-10 people won't have nothing of value - they will have some chest loot - and as you loot more a more chests, you will have a 1up on people because you're killing as well as looting chests.

Again, not saying to not loot chests, I'm just highlighting the fact that wooden swords are much better than nothing.

Please refrain from double posting as it is against the rules xox
Okay, fixed it :) was just easier to reply in separate ones.

jackaboy

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't care about points. Only wins. But it is better to kill a few people and get there loot before people get too armored. You also should have a decent chest route on as many maps as possible.

Meddsan

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't care about points. Only wins. But it is better to kill a few people and get there loot before people get too armored. You also should have a decent chest route on as many maps as possible.

Yeah, well all I'm saying is a wooden sword is not as bad as it looks, and if you stand a chance, not to run from fights.

jackaboy

Tribute
Reaction score
You do have a point I do win plenty of fights with wood sword vs stone.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I really need to work on when to go into a fight and when not to, so many times I will charge in unprepared and lose

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
I really need to work on when to go into a fight and when not to, so many times I will charge in unprepared and lose

I'm normally always prepared but when I run into fights I make it look like I'm not actually running in. I run at them then run away as if to say I have no weapon or I'm scared. They usually chase and are surprised when I turn around and initiate a fight.

jackaboy

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm normally always prepared but when I run into fights I make it look like I'm not actually running in. I run at them then run away as if to say I have no weapon or I'm scared. They usually chase and are surprised when I turn around and initiate a fight.
That is a good tactic that I use myself. Also turn and bow, F & S or fishing rod technique.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
That is a good tactic that I use myself. Also turn and bow, F & S or fishing rod technique.

Aha exactly what to do. Quick attacks like that which surprise your opponents put them off as they are unexpected and therefore makes them unprepared for it.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
I think her point is if you have a wood sword don't be afraid to attack someone with a stone sword as its only half a heart more. If I was in a game with someone like Noahsailer or gravey4yard I would use this tactis as I am almost certainly not going to win so I might aswell grab some points :')

jackaboy

Tribute
Reaction score
I think her point is if you have a wood sword don't be afraid to attack someone with a stone sword as its only half a heart more. If I was in a game with someone like Noahsailer or gravey4yard I would use this tactis as I am almost certainly not going to win so I might aswell grab some points :')
That's not a very likely scenario that Gravey4rd or NoahSailer would be in the game.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
Well someone in the top 1000 for me personally. I've only ever taken one out and that was because she was lit on fire from my friend

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci