• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What's the matter developers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I won't say complaining is bad -- it's not. It's how things get done, if no one complained nothing would change.

What I will say, is that posts like this don't really do much to help. I think the old Reddit copypasta applies here, "You're oversimplifying a complex situation to the point of not adding anything to the conversation", yes it is an issue, an issue that needs to be dealt with, but I assume that you (as well as me and most of us complaining), don't understand the whole issue that well. Other servers do have anti-cheat that seems to work better, but those servers aren't dealing with 100+ different servers, a massive community of people, etc. We have a different situation than them, and as a result I imagine that the issue of fixing our anti-cheat is more difficult, especially seeing as we have such a small dev staff and such a big group of servers. I assume that the top priority is keeping the servers online, not fixing anti-cheat(sadly). Just try to understand that there is probably more at work here than you immediately think, it's probably not a matter of typing a few lines of code, or installing some new plugin, I don't think it's that easy on something of this scale.

So again -- Yes this needs to be fixed, and yes, maybe we do need more devs, but it's probably not that simple and you're not helping by making it out to be.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
To add on to my previous comment, you mentioned how the Hive had plenty of better gamemodes and was better in that sense, however you conveniently left out the fact that the Hive's Anti-Cheat from what I've experienced is nowhere near competitive to ours, or Badlions for that matter. I've played a lot of Splegg in my day and flyhackers are somewhat frequent however I've rarely encountered a flyhacker being kicked by the Hive Anti-Cheat. Also, for PvP's sake they lack some features/abilities to make the PvP game run as smoothly as it does on many other servers.

Not necessarily bashing the Hive, I fact I find it very enjoyable to play on, but on the basis of Anti-Cheat I believe we won the upper hand. We also have a larger and seemingly more dedicated Dev team.
I guess we could use Col_StaR 's argument that a smaller community is easier to manage in this situation, as Hive is a much larger network.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess we could use Col_StaR 's argument that a smaller community is easier to manage in this situation, as Hive is a much larger network.
That other community is larger in terms of playerbase, but in terms of network sophistication they're actually quite a bit simpler. I don't want to play devil's advocate, but they have a development advantage because they only have two regions (one major and one minor in scale) while we have four (two major and two minor) that require nearly constant attention, on top of the fact that they are not coming off of a big update that requires attending to. Just remember that while in that respect they are smaller, they are definitely far from being a "small community".

At the same time, I do not think that the other community has the same focus, dedication, or development ability as we do. Their dev team is relatively small compared to ours, they don't focus on Survival Games as much as we do, and I don't think they intend on focusing on SG nor improving their anti-cheat system. So they would be better able to find time to work on improvements, but they do not have the focus to do so nor the equivalent manpower that we do; vice versa, we have the ability to improve one specific element of out network in awesome ways, but we just don't have the time to devote whilst so many other things take a higher priority.

Every community of every size is different. Better or worse is a subjective assessment; I only care about applying out strengths and covering our weaknesses to achieve optimal success. Not everyone will agree or approve with the details of such decisions, but I see its results simply by the fact that we are still one of the oldest and largest communities out there.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
we are still one of the oldest and largest communities out there.
Okay, now I'm imagining MCSG as a greasy old man who trash talks about his neighbors and is obsessed with being the winner of everything...

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, now I'm imagining MCSG as a greasy old man who trash talks about his neighbors and is obsessed with being the winner of everything...
That's an... interesting imagination you got there...

DarkFyr

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the anti cheat is pretty good, ive used hacks before on this server. Dern server keeps kicking me

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm a rather frequent visitor to Badlion, and let me tell you, they do not "stop" KillAura. It is just as effective as it would be on MCG. Plus, I know badlion actually has a major problem with players using autoclickers that even extends to their staff team. I myself haven't noticed any decline in our anti-cheat but I don't speak for everyone, so..
I would like to clarify...
Badlion anti-cheat can detect people who click over killaura as well as killaura itself, doesn't stop it completely.
MCSG has a MAJOR problem with autoclickers... and the reason you haven't heard about it is because the anti-cheat isn't as advanced
Badlion has its issues with staff {Cayden, Dualzz, and Zoroka}
But don't act like mcsg doesn't have the same issues, we just haven't found out about them yet because things such as triggerbot are undetectable without extremely good anti-cheat.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But don't act like mcsg doesn't have the same issues, we just haven't found out about them yet because things such as triggerbot are undetectable without extremely good anti-cheat.
True, they may be undetectable with anti-cheat but I find it pretty visibly detectable to see when somebody is toggling it in scrims or the like. We may not have the best anti-cheat out there, but until our developers can free up their schedules to work on improving ours even more, this is more than enough to act as a hold-over.t

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCSG has a MAJOR problem with autoclickers... and the reason you haven't heard about it is because the anti-cheat isn't as advanced
The problem with autoclick is that it is create-able without downloading a client. This makes it one of the most popular rule exploits there are.

They're basically macros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci