• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What's the background?

Brianalle

Spectator
Reaction score
So what is the background behind the rule of misleading somebody on into thinking you're a moderator? Just curious what is the seriousness behind that rule? If anything you could help the server more by implementing guidance. Impersonating staff, you clearly can't do anything because you're not staff so why is it a big deal? And if it is such a huge deal why is joking about it made into an even bigger ordeal?

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
This is my viewpoint on the whole ordeal. Impersonating staff is against the rules. It is against the rules because if a player said "I am a mod" then went and did something horrible, like harassing someone, then it would in turn make the staff look bad. I've seen, and banned, people who have claimed to be staff, then threatened to ban someone because the person killed them.
If anything you could help the server more by implementing guidance.
We do have guidelines/guidance. It's called the rules, most of them are common sense though.
Impersonating staff, you clearly can't do anything because you're not staff so why is it a big deal?
Because if people think you're a mod, but then you don't act like it, it sets a bad example for what the staff really are.
And if it is such a huge deal why is joking about it made into an even bigger ordeal?
It's not that big of an ordeal, you've only made it into a big deal by the amount of threads and other things you've posted.

Brianalle

Spectator
Reaction score
Well it's funny, because you do however agree with me, but it's tip toed around the one simple fact that it will make YOU look bad IF someone does something bad, which in most cases (like mine) nothing would have happened and nothing did. Thank you for looking at my previous posts I really do appreciate that, it's not an ordeal for me however. I'm currently trying to get to the bottom of this and figuring out a solution to a problem. ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci