• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Whats coming up in Minecraft ?!

FrostT

Spectator
Reaction score
Greetings.

I am FrostT. Across the seven seas of the internet, Mojang emplyees often spread the news of possible additions to Minecraft. Although some of these end up descending into the depths of the cosmos, never to be seen again, the majority arise in some form or another in a future update.

In this thread I will attempt to keep you informed about snapshots, and small additions that are being thought of, or are being added into the PC version of Minecraft. I may eventually spread over to the Xbox and Pocket versions, but as PC guides the way with new stuff, that will be the first port of call.

Lets get started, shall we?

In The Snapshots
So, what is approaching that has so far only been released in snapshots?
New Launcher - This is a big one, planned features include better use of custom sound packs, and (eventually) access to every version of Minecraft ever (replacing mods such as MCNostalgia)
Horses - And armour for them.
Minecraft Realms - Although not technically in the snapshots, This is a planned feature that Mojang will supply, providing easier server hosting without the worry of third parties.
Hardened Clay Block
Deserts are becoming "More deserty", currently unkown what this involves. I assume more sand.
Hay Bales
Carpets - Finally! I solution for all those "My ceiling is my floor, but they have to both be the same!" issues!
Changes to "Respiration" enchantment.
Leashes - To attach animals to posts to prevent them running away.
Possible Additions
Most of these are little projects. Most will enter Snapshots.
Coloured Wood - Personally, I think it looks ugly.
EDIT: Apparently coloured wood is being forgotten, but it still stands as a possibility.

I would write up all those things Notch suggested back in the day (Such as extra Dragons) but as things stand Jeb has no apparent interest in bringing them forwards.

I will edit this post, plus add a new post to the thread whenever something new comes up, usually the snapshots, but maybe if somethign good comes from a developer mini-project.

Reaction score
Whoever moved it left a redirect -_- I'm going off on a limb and assuming that was unintentional, now to figure out how to remove it...

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Are you sure they're adding in the colored wood? Dinnerbone tweeted that it received a lot of negative feedback and based on that feedback he decided to scrap that idea.

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Whats the point of hardened clay, am i the only one who thinks it looks ugly.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Whats the point of hardened clay, am i the only one who thinks it looks ugly.
I think you can dye it and it looks better than wool from what I've seen, the look of it is much cleaner than dyed wool.

FrostT

Spectator
Reaction score
Thank You all for your nice words, and SPECIAL thanks for those who wanted that my thread shall be moved..Keep working on that !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci