• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

what would you do if mcsg forums ended tomorrow? and the new forums where not made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I wouldn't imagine such a reality like this, the MCGamer forums closing down would usually result towards disbanding on community reinforcement and development, and to be entirely honest, I haven't considered this sort of situation towards occurring until I have read this thread, what could happen in the MCGamer community if the forums were shut down? How will people cope or react to it?

I have had an experience through a server to which I had been a staff member in. Not advertising! lol And a lot of drama had been mixing upon the staff team, eventually a lot of people disbanded and the owner of the server decided it best to shut the Minecraft server down, as well as the forums. It was in a way, devastating as he had been our idol for doing good in that server, we were even close to losing one of the best administrators we had. Fortunately a new server and forums opened up, but it had not been the same due to the fact that the original owner of the community in general had left, and so we had a new owner, as well as new managers and all that.

But imagine how the community would react towards the shutting down of the forums. Quite a while ago, there has been a malicious attack known as the "Phishing links", where a malicious user would provide you an honest looking link, and a letter is misplaced or added to it, and it would lead you to an attack site where your account could potentially be compromised, this issue had resulted to having the server administrators and developers to intentionally and temporarily shut down the forums for safety reasons until the issue was resolved. People had gathered around Teamspeak when it was announced and people were warned about the issue.
Unfortunately, quite a majority of people had not reacted as expected to be, even when reminded every now and then to remain calm and do what we are told to prevent any issues from occurring, this gave people an opportunity to basically panic or just simply, and unnecessarily yell within the Teamspeak server, it wasn't fun listening to your eardrums burst. >.< however the issue was resolved with no major losses or problems from unfolding, and things went back to normal, as well as having the forums to be opened up again.
But this is what took me to consideration, despite the fact that the issue had been handled properly, the way a majority of people reacted had gotten me thinking towards what could happen if they were to find out the forums would be permanently removed...

From my perspective, what I would do is probably grieve on such a situation from occurring, however, if so possible I would do what I can and see if it is at all possible to reunite with any community members, or even try to find contact with any staff member, or simply individual strongly associated with the MCGamer community, because I have been through a couple of experiences towards communities disbanding and moving on, it was not a pleasant sight. I could not bear to comprehend towards what could happen if, hypothetically speaking, having the MCGamer forums to be removed.

Ultimately, it would, in a way relate towards the leaderboard statistics reset. Despite the fact that the MCGamer forums could potentially be updated and renewed, in a way of course. I'm a little unsure on the fact though, so don't take my word for it. People could probably go "But I had over 1,000 posts! I don't want that hard work go to waste!", in a kind of way, of course the messages would simply be a different kind of aspect, but I would believe that having a certain amount of messages, as well as likes shouldn't necessarily be strongly relevant, that is, in a way through my perspective, however I do like keeping track of my post count anyways. c:

To conclusion, people could react a lot differently than others considering a permanent removal of the MCGamer forums. And I would believe that incredible forumers such as Mooclan and BitoBain, including Nirmit could possibly disagree with it, as they have been well known around the forums, including OhFancy as well. But if there was a place where a majority of the community came together other than the forums, then formal discussion on the removal would be near impossible through my opinion, regarding to how we react, because we do have opinions, and I would know that a good majority would be enraged to know about such situation from occurring.

The community is an incredible place, and even if it were removed, members could potentially react a little better towards the manner as they would have an understanding of the situation, unlike the "Phishing links", it came unexpected, so we did get a little panicky there. But I know that the community would definitely understand the administrative, and developer, and Chad's decisions towards shutting it down, but I can assure that it won't happen in a long, long time. :)

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if you've managed to read the whole thing, then congrats, you get a virtual cookie. c:

LongTrangDuKich

Tribute
Reaction score
I would hang Chad's cat. ^.^

Nahh I would just go to his house, throw a Diamond Sword from MineCon at him (that he ha signed 4 meh ;3) and then stab him repeatedly with it, and scream "GG 10 REKT SCRUB"! :D

But in all seriousness, I would go into my room, get a tub of ice cream (cookies n' cream), turn the lights off, board up the windows, and cry as if Huahwi died.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd probably make an unofficial temporary version of the MCG forums using the number of free forum services available out there until the official stuff could be set up. I've helped do that for the smaller communities that I worked with during my Gmod days, and the forums usually ended up as the de facto official website for them.

I kind of don't believe that if the forums went down, everyone would just get up and leave like MCG itself suddenly ceased to exist. This community's proven to be hardier than that with a much stronger sense of inner community communication than most communities of our size, so I believe that people would find ways to fill in the gap before giving up entirely.

LongTrangDuKich

Tribute
Reaction score
I'd probably make an unofficial temporary version of the MCG forums using the number of free forum services available out there until the official stuff could be set up. I've helped do that for the smaller communities that I worked with during my Gmod days, and the forums usually ended up as the de facto official website for them.

I kind of don't believe that if the forums went down, everyone would just get up and leave like MCG itself suddenly ceased to exist. This community's proven to be hardier than that with a much stronger sense of inner community communication than most communities of our size, so I believe that people would find ways to fill in the gap before giving up entirely.
Col bringing out da truth :D

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I would be a very sad, sad person.

For me, the forums are the only place where I have ever felt welcomed and comfortable. Everybody that I've ever tried to play a lot of MCSG with has left me either because they don't want friends or they don't want me as a friend because I'm awful at the game. I know I don't even have 250 posts, but I've been around since beta and joined the forums over a year ago. I feel very connected to this place, even though most people have no idea who I am. I guess if this happened, I would be devastated. I probably wouldn't make much of an effort to reconnect with people. I'd probably just move on with life, say good bye, and go.

As for what would happen to the community, it would probably lose a lot of steam, but not disappear entirely. We would probably make our own third party forum where a lot of people would come back. But at the point, we would lose a lot of popularity very quickly. New players would stop coming onto the forums for the most part.

But let's ask a more interesting question...
What if all of MCGamer and its contact information was lost right now?

This would be a truly disastrous situation and tragic situation. Everybody would be lost and disconnected, with all emails, phone numbers, skype contacts, and other game contacts completely gone. I don't know how this could happen, but it's interesting to consider.

I guess you could say we would all wonder if we did something wrong, if we were somehow disconnected from the community for doing something unspeakable. We would all think about the relationships we had while we were still involved. Hopefully, you would have more joyous memories than regrets. I guess I would feel bad for bashing on some of the more famous people in the community, for thinking that they were unreachable and so used to rude comments that they wouldn't mind.

Either way, it brings you to think about the fragility of this whole place. One day, without a doubt, MCGamer will shut down, but it could be a very long way off. By then, most of us reading this now will be gone, but it will happen. Anyways, we should all try to act on MCGamer as if it will not exist tomorrow. By that I mean, forgive others easily, don't bully people, spread kindness, and have fun.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would be a very sad, sad person.

For me, the forums are the only place where I have ever felt welcomed and comfortable. Everybody that I've ever tried to play a lot of MCSG with has left me either because they don't want friends or they don't want me as a friend because I'm awful at the game. I know I don't even have 250 posts, but I've been around since beta and joined the forums over a year ago. I feel very connected to this place, even though most people have no idea who I am. I guess if this happened, I would be devastated. I probably wouldn't make much of an effort to reconnect with people. I'd probably just move on with life, say good bye, and go.

As for what would happen to the community, it would probably lose a lot of steam, but not disappear entirely. We would probably make our own third party forum where a lot of people would come back. But at the point, we would lose a lot of popularity very quickly. New players would stop coming onto the forums for the most part.

But let's ask a more interesting question...
What if all of MCGamer and its contact information was lost right now?

This would be a truly disastrous situation and tragic situation. Everybody would be lost and disconnected, with all emails, phone numbers, skype contacts, and other game contacts completely gone. I don't know how this could happen, but it's interesting to consider.

I guess you could say we would all wonder if we did something wrong, if we were somehow disconnected from the community for doing something unspeakable. We would all think about the relationships we had while we were still involved. Hopefully, you would have more joyous memories than regrets. I guess I would feel bad for bashing on some of the more famous people in the community, for thinking that they were unreachable and so used to rude comments that they wouldn't mind.

Either way, it brings you to think about the fragility of this whole place. One day, without a doubt, MCGamer will shut down, but it could be a very long way off. By then, most of us reading this now will be gone, but it will happen. Anyways, we should all try to act on MCGamer as if it will not exist tomorrow. By that I mean, forgive others easily, don't bully people, spread kindness, and have fun.
Truer words have never been spoken until here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci