• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What about a team plugin?

Will this work Yes or No? (Leave feedback or ideas in comments)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeFort

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that there should be an official "team" service added to the lobby. People are always asking for teams while in lobby. So what if while in lobby (or in game if you're a fast typer) you can make a team with someone. Like pvp would be turned off between you 2 (emphasize the 2) and you can both access chests and get something from it (but lesser loot. i.e. normal chest has: cooked fish, stone sword, iron leggings. a team chest has (for both) un-cooked fish, wooden swords, and leather leggings.) Teams would be limited to 2 people and be broken if one of them dies, deathmatch comes, or if one of them disbands the team. Teams of 3+ may have to make separate teams or just not walk into the line of fire of the other 2+. Also in lobby there could be a LF team board where your team member can be randomly selected based on wins and points? High points with low points and high wins with low wins. This can be expanded upon and I think could be helpful to those who get in lobby late and can't find a team in 30 seconds.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Do you really think a player with high points and many wins will team with a noob?
And, why can't backstab? thats a risk you need to take.
Why isn't it good the way it is? :eek:

'I'm a solo player myself btw,

MrMark2202

Survivor
Reaction score
I must say I'm personally opposed to this, it takes away part of the fun! Being backstabbed is all part of the experience. Also, I think that, the stronger players would stick together, survival of the fittest, I mean what benefit do they get going with a player with low points?! Furthermore I am unaware of such a plugin that has the capability or even the potential capability to do what you're suggesting.

BlazeFort

Survivor
Reaction score
Do you really think a player with high points and many wins will team with a noob?
And, why can't backstab? thats a risk you need to take.
Why isn't it good the way it is? :eek:

'I'm a solo player myself btw,
Questions answered in order:
1. The higher ranked players matched with lower ranked players is only for balance and no OP teams. But you do NOT need to be paired with a random person you can pick whoever you want. This is only for people who can't find a team
2. You would be able to backstab if you simply disband the team.
You could probably start a conversation with your team member in chat and when it seems like you're typing you can disband the team and kill them on the spot.
3. Why aren't teams good? Really? You've never been on the outs of a 5 man team of destruction? You need to play more often :)
The only reason for the no pvp between them is so that you don't accidentally hit the guy with an arrow if you don't want to betray them.

BlazeFort

Survivor
Reaction score
I must say I'm personally opposed to this, it takes away part of the fun! Being backstabbed is all part of the experience. Also, I think that, the stronger players would stick together, survival of the fittest, I mean what benefit do they get going with a player with low points?! Furthermore I am unaware of such a plugin that has the capability or even the potential capability to do what you're suggesting.
/\
|
|
The reply I made above this, and for the last question, I wouldn't expect this to be added soon, but I'm sure SOMEONE could come up with some plugin/ mod similar to this. Even if it doesn't catch all the features. :)

cbeeston1

Survivor
Reaction score
First off, it is the survival games. How will a team win if thier is only one winner. Even if the team disbands at the end. Loot for both members. Giving two people wood swords rather than giving one person a iron. It isn't belivable. They could take people out easy. Why would you type /disband team and kill them. I would just kill them. Also how will they fit the plugin on the servers?

If you want to team do it the old fasion way. Team then betray. Only one person gets the loot. Betray them in the final 3 so you will most likely win. That is what teaming is all about. Backstabbing and Betraying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci