• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff What A Journey - My Resignation Letter

ApexMC

Career
Reaction score
Alrighty, so let's get into it. So, if you are unaware, yesterday evening I sat down and decided that it was time for me to step down from my position as a Sr. Staff member here at MCGamer. This has been something that has been lurking in my head for a month or so and I finally decided that it was best that I step down. I have had such amazing times here and I have made some of the very best memories that I've ever had. Not to mention some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure or working by. It was a rough time coming to this decision but, I feel confident that it was the right one. There are more reasons for my resignation that I can really list here in this thread. Which is nothing against MCGamer, I just have a lot of things getting in the way of me keeping my position and maintaining my position in good standings. Enough of that though, how about my reasoning?

The biggest reason I felt as if I needed to step down was simply because I no longer had the motivation to do anything really. People can hate what they do and still be amazing at what they do. In my case I loved what I did but the plain truth is I no longer feel the motivation to confidently do my work. When you lose the confidence to do your work you don't put as much effort as you otherwise would. For a solid year I was constantly up and ready to do my job but lately it has been more of a task to do my work. I simply enough, do not want to be a part of something that I have to drag myself to do. The point is that I don't want MCGamer to be a task for me which it has become. I want it to be something I can throw myself into and enjoy. Anyone who joins the staff team is going to have loads of fun working with their friends on the server but at one point or another, everyone has to go.

The next reason why I resigned was because, I am a junior in high school and taking 5 A.P courses that will require a breathtaking amount of time to succeed in. At the end of each month we as staff members would get activity checks based off of our performance for the month. With the amount of time I need to be spending working on school, I would not be able to achieve a good activity check. What I'm getting at is, I don't want to be a staff member that just kinda hangs around and does just enough to get by. If I'm doing this, I want to give it my all and not slow down. I just can't do that right now.

Moving on, normally at the end of a lot of theses threads, people put a bunch of people that have made their journey here unforgettable. I however am not going to do that because frankly every person I have come across and have worked with on this team has made this journey an unforgettable one. I can't call on just a few people who I'm friends with and all. Not to mention if I left someone out who I should have put in, i'd feel super bad. Anyway, all of you, not just everyone on the staff team, all of you are great! All of you have made this opportunity I got just over a year ago, amazing. This server has it's ups and downs but at the end of the day we all still make up a community that we have been driving hard at for over four years. I want to personally thank all of you for what you have all done for this server! Doesn't matter if you are on the staff team, a donor or just a normal member, all of you are a piece of this place. Take out one piece of the puzzle and it's never the same. Always know that we are all pieces of the puzzle and we can't remove a piece or two and still see it as the same. Every one of you, are unforgettable.

Anyway, Ill still be around of course; just not being a staff member. I'll be on TS everyday and go ingame sometimes so I wont totally disconnect from the server.

Alrighty, well there she is. I am not longer a staff member here at MCGamer. It was a fantastic run you guys! For you mods, you may not get the credit that you deserve but know, everyone on the staff team know that the work you do could NOT be done without the time and effort that you all put in! MCGamer needs you guys and you are a very valuable asset to the server and to every person on it.

That's about all she wrote everyone. I'll see you all around!

P.S: If some of this was a bit odd reading, just forget about it :p

Last edited:

Noah|Vendue

demon
Reaction score
o dang u switched your profile picture from red to purple and that looks good af on you ;)

Sebastian

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I still remember when I first met you in that waiting room. From the moment we met, I knew that we would have a good friendship. I will miss working with you on the staff team, it was always so fun hanging out with you. I hope to see you on the Teamspeak again, Chris. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to. :)

drVAPES

Quantum
Reaction score
yo! sad to see you go, but purple is the way to go! ;)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
[This post originally contained more information that was censored by the staff team. This argument was fair, did not contain any harsh language, was not directed at this great Sr. Mod who resigned, and was totally within the bounds of fair criticism.]

Anyway, you did an amazing job Apex. Another great Sr. Staff member leaves...

Last edited:

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Good luck with everything Chris! Even though I used to always tease you, thank you for everything you have done. Hopefully we will still see you around as much as you used to be :)

Throwback to when you kept timing out when we were trying to promote you :p
Love you Chris <3

_Pyrrhic

District 13
Reaction score
It was great to be staff with you, Chris. I'll miss having you on the staff team!

Don't forget to talk to me! ;-; Love ya <3

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Sad to see you go Chris, thanks for everything that you have done for the staff team as well as the rest of the community. Good luck in junior year, I'll be feeling the struggles with you. xD

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
Alrighty, well there she is. I am not longer a staff member here at MCGamer. It was a fantastic run you guys! For you mods, you may not get the credit that you deserve but know, everyone on the staff team know that the work you do could NOT be done without the time and effort that you all put in! MCGamer needs you guys and you are a very valuable asset to the server and to every person on it.
Assuming the gender of your resignation letter? wOw Chris! I'm kidding cya later man. Throwback to the Teamspeak days and remember keep flipping those pizzas and making those ribs!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci