• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Weapon ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakeblood4

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey, I just figured I'd suggest a few things that might help spice up fighting in the Minecraft Survival Games. It seems like once you get near the end game everyone just has whatever level of sword they can get.

First off, I really highly recommend Balkons Weapon Mod. While some things like the musket, cannon, and fire rod might not be the best for the game, having a variety of weapons like daggers, spears, battleaxes, haliberds and the like would be very cool.

Second, I'm not sure how doable this is in server commands, but if you can make it possible for enchanted weapons and armor to show up in chests, that'd be good. It would help to keep combat varied in some ways. If anyone can suggest a good mod for alternate enchants that would be great.

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
No. You cannot add a client mod to the server. Number two is very possible, though, and it's super op however.

drakeblood4

Spectator
Reaction score
No. You cannot add a client mod to the server. Number two is very possible, though, and it's super op however.
There's a server version and a Bukkit version, please look at the mods page thoroughly before you make a statement like that.

Edit: Also, why would enchants be OP? You could do things like limiting when they come out (i.e. making them only show up in the parkour heavy chests), making it so that they only come out after a set number of days, or making it so that the odds of anything beyond level 1 enchants are very low.

atticus

Survivor
Reaction score
You can get it on the server however everyone would need to download the mod, until the modding api comes out. Right now, it works like this-if you get a sword you instantly win. Enchanted swords only make that worse.

drakeblood4

Spectator
Reaction score
You can get it on the server however everyone would need to download the mod, until the modding api comes out.
Valid point. It'd still be fun to try on a test server.

Right now, it works like this-if you get a sword you instantly win. Enchanted swords only make that worse.
Right now, the pattern of play is this: Get a sword fast, get as much armor as possible, get to the corn before it refills and get the good armor. If you had enchanted weapons and armor, and you made it so that they didn't spawn in the corn, then you could make it so that a person had to leave the corn, and go parkouring in all of the edges of the map to try and get weapons. This not only means the Corn can be reopened to other players, but it also adds a new way for players who were behind to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci