• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Way to Reduce lag + New donor perk

Reaction score
Those of us that have been MCSG for a while probably remember back before the servers reset. Rather than getting kick when a game ended, we were sent back to the lobby. This was removed for 2 good reasons
A. It made it nearly impossible for new players to join the servers during lobbies.
B. To clear out "Ghosts" from the server.
Seeing as it seems* that ghosting is fixed we can go back to leaving servers online. I'm not sure, but I BELIEVE not reseting the servers will reduce lag. I DO suggest one large difference - Non-Donors are still kicked after the game. This way, new players still have a chance to join, and Donors, VIPs, Mods and Etc remain online.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
Those of us that have been MCSG for a while probably remember back before the servers reset. Rather than getting kick when a game ended, we were sent back to the lobby. This was removed for 2 good reasons
A. It made it nearly impossible for new players to join the servers during lobbies.
B. To clear out "Ghosts" from the server.
Seeing as it seems* that ghosting is fixed we can go back to leaving servers online. I'm not sure, but I BELIEVE not reseting the servers will reduce lag. I DO suggest one large difference - Non-Donors are still kicked after the game. This way, new players still have a chance to join, and Donors, VIPs, Mods and Etc remain online.
Another good suggestion from the random man :D me loves

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Uhh, I'm against this. AU is literally crowded with Donors and seeing this makes me cry.
(Plus, ghosting isn't fixed, people are still ghosting, I had to get a Moderator to kick the ghost in a game yesterday)

Reaction score
Uhh, I'm against this. AU is literally crowded with Donors and seeing this makes me cry.
(Plus, ghosting isn't fixed, people are still ghosting, I had to get a Moderator to kick the ghost in a game yesterday)
Good to know :) Like I said, I was unsure if ghosting was fixed

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, you can fix ghosting by doing /gf or /ghostfix

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
But most people don't realise they're ghosting, so they wouldn't do this generally
If you see people walking around and you can't hit them, or if you're unable to open chests, break leaves, pull levers, push buttons, etc., then you know you've ghosted.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you see people walking around and you can't hit them, or if you're unable to open chests, break leaves, pull levers, push buttons, etc., then you know you've ghosted.
Yeah, but a lot of newbies would have no idea whats going on, and wouldn't do anything

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
If you think the Australian servers are bad, come check out some of the US ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci