• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Wairau - Survival Games map

C0nsole

Diamond
Reaction score
Looks like a great map! Reminds me a bit of Chernobyl for a reason I can't quite put my finger on... Good luck making it on to the servers!

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
Why are your leaves like that? They are like fancy, but kinda weird....

Anyways, I like the map. Only prob I can think of is that it reminds me a LOT about Chernobyl.
Looks pretty nice, but it reminds me of an intact, without-a-power-plant Chernobyl :p
Looks like a great map! Reminds me a bit of Chernobyl for a reason I can't quite put my finger on... Good luck making it on to the servers!
To all: This map does appear to be like Chernobyl as the trees are of similar style. However I assure you, the theme/style is completely different; Chernobyl is based off a broken down nuclear power station, whereas Wairau is set in a valley immersed in wine growing and producing. We are not trying to recreate the style of this map or any others, we have tried to make Wairau unique from other maps. Please keep this in mind.

Thanks bentomkeke

ParticleMC

Diamond
Reaction score
Dear Pompus titties: I have taken it upon myself to inform you that this map only has the look of Chernobyl because of the TREES. Is the reason this map is not in MCSG already because dave hates trees? this is a question I have been asking myself for a while. Dear Dave, trees are what give us oxygen, paper, and the love in our hearts, why would you hate trees so much. I myself love trees, especially the trees on this map. for all those who are treeist, or even bushist, I really recommend that you try and have a change of mind and open your hearts to the beautiful trees of Wairau, because the MCSG community deserves it.

Reaction score
Wow you guys have come a long way from your first build henben city, this is so much better! That being said I am not sure it is quite high enough quality to get on the servers. Not saying that it isn't good it's just MCSG's quality standards keep getting higher and higher. I think that you guys should definitely keep building and if your next map is as big an improvement on this map as this was to your first map then you would probably have a chance of getting it on to the servers :)

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
Wow you guys have come a long way from your first build henben city, this is so much better! That being said I am not sure it is quite high enough quality to get on the servers. Not saying that it isn't good it's just MCSG's quality standards keep getting higher and higher. I think that you guys should definitely keep building and if your next map is as big an improvement on this map as this was to your first map then you would probably have a chance of getting it on to the servers :)
Thanks wil, your advice has helped a lot :) Personally I believe this could make it on the server, but that's not just up to me.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
seriously people, tell your friends. we need to get this map to stand out. it has potential. very good builds, detail and story behind it

Simey

Career
Reaction score
Not to be picky or anything, but could you give us some screenshots without the texture pack please?
Liking it so far :cool:

skuxx134

Tribute
Reaction score
Love the map so much mostly because I'm Maori and it would kind of fit well in mcsg

Nintendonuts

Diamond
Reaction score
The map is breathtaking. Plain, but still terraformed, perfect for PvP. Only suggestion is, less trees. Most of the map looks like trees, and noobs can easily get lost in those, bringing 30 minutes long games. Also PvP in the forest never appeals to anyone. Other than that, I love it, and the theme hasn't been done before, except on Survival Kingdom, there were some farms similar to your vineyards.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
thanks Nintendonuts for the positive feed back :) means a lot. please do share this around to your friends. PvP in forests does appeal to some, although I would ask what you would recommend having if we did reduce the amount of trees? cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci