• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Wairau - Survival Games map

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
Pic1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The story of Wairau
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a desolate island somewhere in the pacific, a group of explorers were working their way around a different climate to what they know. They discovered a small valley that had a climate that was even more different than the rest of the island. It was extremely arid, and little did they know the perfect climate for growing grapes. In fact, a few of them stayed they liked the area so much. They set up a small farming village, And became the first to settle in what they called the Wairau valley (Which meant dried river valley in their language).They bought over settlers from their homeland, but they village never took off, there just wasn't enough room to expand in huge amounts.

Years later, a young but fairly rich entrepreneur looking to expand into any business he could find was given information on this new lucrative but unexplored land. He entered the area over the hills and very quickly came across the old town which now lay in ruins. He claimed the whole area of land as his, and began to very quickly set up vineyards, along with winery's to bring people into the area. He also built a small town, known as Blenheim, and rapidly expanded it to mass produce fruit and meat. But one day, not too long after the set up of his second winery, the entrepreneur was struck with an unknown illness that killed him very quickly. All the land in Wairau was now owned by no one, and being the lucrative area that it was, huge fights broke out over the valley. It turned violent very quickly, so the major rulers of the world help a special summit meeting. Their final decision was that everyone who wanted to have full rights to Wairau and the fortune that came with it, must fight to the death. This narrowed the contestants down to a mere Twenty four. You are one of them, and spread out over the Wairau valley are many different piles of loot. Find these, gear up and win the survival games!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map facts:

The map's dome has a 250 radius

There are 173 chests

Many traps, redstone contraptions, and Easter eggs!

Map made by bentomkeke and Gibby_MC

Screenshots:​

Pic9.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg
Pic4.jpg
Pic5.jpg
Pic6.jpg
Pic7.jpg
Pic8.jpg
Pic10.jpg

To all: This map does appear to be like Chernobyl as the trees are of similar style. However I assure you, the theme/style is completely different; Chernobyl is based off a broken down nuclear power station, whereas Wairau is set in a valley immersed in wine growing and producing. We are not trying to recreate the style of this map or any others, we have tried to make Wairau unique from other maps. Please keep this in mind.

Last edited:

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why are your leaves like that? They are like fancy, but kinda weird....

Anyways, I like the map. Only prob I can think of is that it reminds me a LOT about Chernobyl.

codzombies

Spectator
Reaction score
looks soo cool, some really nice builds. would be very suprised if this map wasnt added. great work and what texture pack do you have in the trailer? nice work.

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
looks soo cool, some really nice builds. would be very suprised if this map wasnt added. great work and what texture pack do you have in the trailer? nice work.

I could see this on the servers for sure. Just change the name :3

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score

Because it's an odd name and i'm not quite sure what to but look at the theme and figure it out that way.

D

Damien // Teepwn

I think it looks extremely nice. I'd love to see it on the servers.

P.S: I looked at the name of the map and instantly knew it was Maori, hello fellow Kiwi. ;)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Looks pretty nice, but it reminds me of an intact, without-a-power-plant Chernobyl :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci