• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Vida Cova - My opinions and thoughts on the map.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
PVP is so, so nice but it's hard to run away ;o.
The chests though... it's another Valleyside T.T

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I'm looking at it now, the chest placement isn't as good as I hoped, will be fixed in a possible update.

PixelPancake

Diamond
Reaction score
What is the legitimate point of this thread besides complaining about the map in a vain attempt to get it removed?

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
What is the legitimate point of this thread besides complaining about the map in a vain attempt to get it removed?
You're so ignorant.
I was providing MY opinions on the map. I don't want it to be removed, either. Actually playing the map a few more times, I actually am kind of starting to like it. However, the chest placement is my biggest concern, but Toast said they will update it.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You're so ignorant.
I was providing MY opinions on the map. I don't want it to be removed, either. Actually playing the map a few more times, I actually am kind of starting to like it. However, the chest placement is my biggest concern, but Toast said they will update it.
The chests removed the survival aspect of this map which it was originally intended for... :c

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is definitely an improvement from your original thread, and thank you for fixing it.
I still don't think most of those are constructive criticism, but at least it's not blatant hate. With point 4, I would just like to point out that finding one spot with not up to par terraforming happens all the time everywhere, and maybe if you told us where/what it was we could improve on it. And also, BritishShoop is not our only terraformer. It could have been any of the team's terraformers working on that, and pointing him out to fix it could be offensive to the others.

But otherwise, thank you for some feedback. We will try to improve in our future maps :)
Regarding the terraforming mistakes... The fact that they're still there is my fault... I said that I'd go and fix them, but I still missed some... Sorry :(

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't really like Vida Cova as the landscape is pretty boring in my opinion, it's all really the same - I find myself getting lost very often because it all just looks too similar. The corn is okay, and the buildings are sparse. The chests are placed in a sloppy and uninteresting way. However, I have to congratulate Team Apollo on making it onto the accepted maps.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't really like Vida Cova as the landscape is pretty boring in my opinion, it's all really the same - I find myself getting lost very often because it all just looks too similar. The corn is okay, and the buildings are sparse. The chests are placed in a sloppy and uninteresting way. However, I have to congratulate Team Apollo on making it onto the accepted maps.
Today we actually went back and fixed every single problem we could find in the chest placement. We may do other things and we hope to be able to update the map on the servers.

Tribute
Reaction score
On the flip side, Vida Cova is getting a lot of hate, and people look at the map at a different angle, one can really see the effort put into it if you ignore the negatives. For example, the jungle ravines are perfectly executed, they just make up too much of the map in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci