• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Upgrade Flint and Steel

Should Flint and Still Have more uses?

• Yes

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 50 70.4%

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry if people already said this, I only skimmed the first page of replies.

Everyone says it's OP, and it most definitely is. It does 3 and a half hearts of damage, all the while slowing down your sprint and not allowing you to run, and limiting your vision so you the bottom of your screen is blocked by the fire. It's only got 4 uses for a reason.

We already get lots of flint and steel in chests. It's one of the most common items to find in a tier 2 chest, and normally by the time I finish my route on any map I have at least 2 of them and can make more using Iron and Flint. Because we get so many flint and steel, you can put 2 or 3 in your hotbar and then you have a good 8 or 12 uses there. You don't need to have tons of food in your hotbar, just 1 or 2 different food types are necessary if you have lots of it.

I think if the durability of flint and steel was to increase, I think they should either greatly decrease how often it appears in chests or only have it as a tier 3 item if the durability increased by a lot. To increase it's power in 1 way, you have to decrease it in another.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
It think it being nerfed like it is now works perfectly. It prevents people from spamming all of its uses and lighting the whole map on fire along with the player eventually. I can also imagine it being pretty laggy with all the fire. Remember the building on sg4 that used to be on fire? Yeah, that was a lag machine for me.

Reactions: Le0

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Considering it's abundancy in chests, and the ability to craft ~8 per game, my opinion is that they should only have one use before they break.

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Personally I'd love if they were upgraded since I'm pretty good with it IMO, but I do understand where you guys are coming from. It could probably turn into one of the most op weapons in the game. Think about it with 6 uses you could kill a team of two with just fire.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, flint and steels are already overpowered and a severe game changer. Being a pro with a flint and steel and being able to get your opponent on fire with just 1 use allows you to use it four times, enough to kill the person chasing you, yet it also stops the player on fire from escaping whilst on limiting their field of vision. Both of these other effects affect the PvP a lot. Spamming all of it's uses also makes it extremely easy to light people on fire; I don't feel like it needs some more. Moving on from it's effects and uses, it's one of the most commonly found items in tier 2's and I (personally) think that it is found too much. Like HalfSquirrel said, I also usually got at least 2 flint and steels at the end of my chest route; I do not know if that is still the case as I haven't played MCSG since the 1.6 update as I've been on vacation >:

Basically, flint and steel is, what many believe to be , an extremely overpowered secondary weapon that can be a game changer even if not used skillfully; spamming it usually guarantees success in a battle once setting your opponent on fire. It is also superlatively common in chests and having an EVEN MORE op item continue to appear frequently in chests just doesn't seem acceptable.

KungFuCupcake

Experienced
Reaction score
My friend isn't so good with swords but when he gets Flint and Steel he is unstoppable ... So no its already powerful as it is :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci