• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ultimate set up for Non Hot Key users!

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I mean Like my controls are not normal since I am on a laptop its hard to use normal keys.. And number pad wont let me
I thought all keyboards had the same keys? o_O And what's a number pad? :p

Halo_0

Career
Reaction score
I just have my sword and bow in first 2 slots. The rest is just random stuff...

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Here's what I used when I played with number keys:

1 - Sword
2 - Fishing Rod
3 - FnS
4 - Bow

Now that I have a gaming mouse I can use any hotbar style I want xD

KoalaBears

Survivor
Reaction score
I just got a new mouse today with no hot keys My way is sword first bow second filnt 4 to 7 arrows 3 slot and food 8 and 9 and rod in 9 Im Best way

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score

• Sword
  • Fishing Rod
  • Bow
  • Flint And Steel
  • Golden Apple
  • Food
  • Misc. (Most of The Time Food)
  • Arrows
  • Back-Up FnS

• FnS is in 4 because I have Macro's on my Razer Naga which is really useful and I switch from sword to FnS like that.​
  • Back-Up FnS is used mainly if my primary one runs out, or has run out of uses.​
  • Arrows are in second to last because yolo. It doesn't matter to me where they go as long as they are in the hot bar.​
  • The misc. spot is for a free random spot.​
  • Golden Apple is because I tend to eat my golden apple after a FnS light so I can be full when fighting while opponent is on fire.​

Native

District 13
Reaction score
  • FnS is in 4 because I have Macro's on my Razer Naga which is really useful and I switch from sword to FnS like that.​
  • Back-Up FnS is used mainly if my primary one runs out, or has run out of uses.​
  • Arrows are in second to last because yolo. It doesn't matter to me where they go as long as they are in the hot bar.​
  • The misc. spot is for a free random spot.​
  • Golden Apple is because I tend to eat my golden apple after a FnS light so I can be full when fighting while opponent is on fire.​

I thought macros were not allowed in MCSG?

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
I thought macros were not allowed in MCSG?
Since when? It's just a quicker switch than normal so you don't over scroll or whatever. Number keys/Macros are also known as hot keys. Before 1.7, macros that automatically toggled sprint weren't allowed. However 1.7 is practically BSM, so that doesn't concern anyone anymore.

I've used hotkeys, they're much easier for general purposes.

chunkmexican

Platinum
Reaction score
ummm this is a nooby question but wat are macros? for example if i have a mouse with buttons on the side and i make a button be my 3 key is that a macro?

UsingThatBow

Spectator
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea for a thread but to my opinion there is no such thing as the "Best" Hot bar layout, why? Because hot bar layouts are simply personal preference.. If you have good enough muscle memory then technically you could have the sword on 3 and fishing rod on 8, it really doesn't matter.. People have different sized hands and different likings :)

Anyway mine is:

Sword:1
Fishing Rod:2
FnS:3
FnS:4
Golden Apple:5
Food:6
Food:7
Food:8
Bow:9

Members online

No members online now.