• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Trees

KingJr

Career
Reaction score
Hello there fellow minecraft players. I am here to ask you all a question, one that has been caused by an argument I had in school with other students. So in my class we were talking about food webs and chains and such, simple science stuff, when I was putting that Trees get eaten by ants, such as the energy flow goes, one of my fellow students produced to tell me the following. "Ants don't eat wood" I then said "I wasn't talking about the wood itself, trees have leaves that ants gather and eat from". Said student then produced to say the following "Not all trees have wood!" which another student also agreed with. Now, this goes on and on, and I even asked my own teacher of what he thought, and even when the teacher agreed that ants do eat the leaves from said trees, they kept saying that not all trees have leaves. Now, I asked them which ones? and one of them said "the ones that have their leaves fall out in certain climates" I then proceeded to say "Well yes, but they have stored energy from when they DID have their leaves, because it's how photosynthesis works." And this goes on for a good while until class ends. Now, if anyone would like to join in this topic you may, also if anyone has a tree that does not have something to do with the photosynthesis process in which they use some type of leaves, please tell me. This means they NEVER grow a type of leaves.
If I'm wrong, then please tell me so. I am a man of science, and if I am disproved with fact, then I shall take it to advance my knowledge, until then, I believe that all trees have some sort of type of leaves in which they use photosynthesis.

TL;DR
Someone says not all trees have leaves.
I say all trees do have certain types of leaves in which they use photosynthesis.
So anyone wanna join into the topic?

Spike11

District 13
Reaction score
Speaking of classes, today in French we had a substitute and before the bell rang I got her to play "What does the fox say?"
Then my friends and I, there were 8 of us, just took the long way to our next class so we could sing it :p

KingJr

Career
Reaction score
So what should I say to said students about it? it's like no matter what I say they don't believe me

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Every tree has leaves, otherwise it will be a dead tree.

KingJr

Career
Reaction score
@Mlpoknzaba
Yes, I know that. However my fellow students don't agree with me, and say there is a tree that doesn't need said leaves.(Even though they couldn't name one at the top of their head) So how can I disprove them?

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
@Mlpoknzaba
Yes, I know that. However my fellow students don't agree with me, and say there is a tree that doesn't need said leaves.(Even though they couldn't name one at the top of their head) So how can I disprove them?
Just look down on their inferior minds and laugh at their stupidity.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
You are a man of science, you say?
Out-science them! Prove what photosynthesis does, how trees get their energy, how they use their water, and whatever you know about it! A man of science must use science to defeat his enemies in an intellectual battle such as this.
Here's a little section of a short story I'm writing for @RC_4777 -
Lunging to the right, he yanked a soldier to the ground. Taking the iron axe, he slid it across the back of the fallen man, who disintegrated into tiny particles a moment later. Continuing on to the second knight, he feinted to the left, only to dash around from the right and behead him, with apparent ease. Slowly straightening up, he had a deadly grin on his face.
Lunging to the right - Pick a section of the debate to focus on. In this case, the man in the story picked the target on his right to go after first.
He yanked the soldier to the ground - He wasn't carrying a weapon, so he had to use unconventional means.
He took the man's own weapon, and used it to kill him - Use their arguments against them. I'll leave how up to you.
He feinted to the left - Lead them into saying/admitting something, and then say "Aha! You admitted to __!" etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci