• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Top 5 worst games you've ever played

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Since there are a lot of threads asking "what are your best games of all time" and no threads asking "what are your worst games of all time," I thought that I'd make one. Personally I haven't really played any games that are really that bad, and I only played 3 games that I think are bad. Games like:

Star Trek Encounters (PS2)

Shark Tale (PS2)

Table Tennis (wii)

I've heard of a lot of other bad games but haven't played them (games like Sonic 2006, Sonic Labyrinth, E.T, Legend of Zelda: the Faces of Evil, etc) I'm just posting this thread because I'm bored. :p

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My problem is that i'm too good when I'm getting games. I always get ones I know I like and will enjoy.
But just looking at my games collection I can pick a few.

Slightly stinky: Uncharted. On celebration of my new PS3 I bought all the Ps3 exclusives that were highly reviewed by the PS3 community. I love the uncharted series but the first 1 was the worst. Impossible levels, crushing difficulty spikes, wave after wave of enemies. It went from fun, to mind numbing pain in a hour of playing. But it is only slightly stinky because the awesome plot, puzzles and climbing make up for most of it.

Wiffy: (Gulp) Mass Effect 1. Pls don't rage, pls don't rage. I suppose I expected more when I played Mass effect 2 first. But everything felt.. wrong while playing. The combat felt weird with infinite ammo. I was annoyed by the renegade and paragon convincing only unlocking when you became a spectre. I was annoyed by the weird inventory system that felt too fiddly for me. But I guess I was biased from Mass Effect 2.

Stanky: Call of Duty MW3: I was dumb enough to think MW3 would be better than the predecessor. I was wrong. Oh btw this was only a rental, i'm not stupid enough to buy it. The game in my opinion had the same/ worse graphics than MW2. It was such a copy/paste game it was disgusting. I hated that they kicked out the Cod points form Black ops (Which I thought was great. The 1st Black ops is still one of my fav new age CODs). But the story was passable but completely ridiculous. And the multiplayer is addicting, for a spell.

Ewwwww, Get it away!: RE5. God, this game. Remember when I was telling you about the Ps3 exclusives I got with the console? This decided to sneak in with them. I hate the new gameplay of the Re's, they are no longer scary or atmospheric. Granted the older ones were never scary, but the fixed camera angles and the controls worked against you at the worst of times, which created a great sense of urgency. These new ones are not scary, there not even zombies, just some weird creatures made from... Something? The story really confused me. But I think its about Steroids Redfield and the other one killing everyone in Africa, again, didn't understand the story much.

Kill it! Kill it with fire!: Vampire Rain. Bet you weren't expecting that. eh? :p I rented this game as a a joke and it was everything I was expecting. Terrible graphics, terrible pseudo stealth game play, Vampires with the seeing range of hawks , useless guns. It's like the creators sat down at a boardroom meeting and asked "What is the worst game we can produce, for the most amount of profit" Which is unfortunately the aim of most publishers now a days. *Sigh*

TL;DR: Don't buy crappy games. Wait for Angry Joe to review them first. :)

Daalexantor

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am a wii owner, which is a system with good first party, and usually crappy third party. These are examples of this "shovelware" that made the wii mostly crappy in the eyes of hardcore gamers.

Minute to win it: Controls were impossible to utalize, couldn't get past the first level, and the dull devs didn't even bother to get miis in the game, so you have the most awkward Guy Fiery video game person ever.

Help Wanted: Oh no, an astroid is going to hit the earth, what are you going to do? If your answer is "buy a whole bunch of As Seen On TV products and get a job to pay for all of it," then you are perfect for this game. If you had more rational answers, then stay clear. At least the minigames are mostly fun.

Transformers, The Game: halfway through chapter 2, the game gets impossible due to wonky combat and over difficult enemies. The only saving grace is that randomly freeroaming is fun due to the polices policy of "if its a robot, shoot it, but if it turns into a car, then ineffectily ram it."

Now, for other crappy games:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D: Why is it so hard to make a new roller coaster tycoon with out a genaric sound track, limited and weird to use track editor, and lack of difficulty? No wonder Atari filed for bankrupty a few months ago.

Goldeneye: Rouge agent: Generic shooter at its worst. Overly enclosed levels, conflicting objectives(example: were in a triad bathhouse, don't start a fight! x kills everyone x ), and artifically adding difficulty by having too many tanks in one area and giving you only two rocket launcher bullets. Burn it with weapons from GOOD FPS games.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The entire Call of Duty franchise.

Angry Joe is a great reviewer. :) Except I hate it when he cosplays... *shivers*

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
#5 Deus ex: Invisible Wars
#4 Daikatana
#3 Brink
#2 Alone in the Dark (360 reboot)
#1 Vampire Rain <--- Worst game in existance

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't know. I don't play bad games because I don't play that many :p
And daal, that sounds like a crappy transformers game. The new ones by High Moon are great though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci