• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tolerance for Profile Pictures

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Wanna know why this thread is in "Survival Games Feature Suggestions"?
Read this:
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/mcgamer-forum-discussion-section.214318/

On the forums, there have been dozens of cases where people have profile pictures that showcase women (swimwear models, etc., sometimes even men) in rather revealing clothing or otherwise provocative positions.

MCGamer is supposed to be a network that is kid-friendly. How many times do I have to emphasize this on dozens of threads?

There should be a rule concerning this. A line should be drawn - not in sand, but in stone.

I also recommend that MCGamer can perhaps commission an artist such as duckluv321 to draw a "default" avatar that people can have their profile picture changed to by Senior Mods/Admins if they are found to have a rule-violating profile picture, or if they just don't have any avatar at all. Perhaps one of Steve, one of Alexandra, and another of a grass block or the MCSG symbol.

(The terms "avatar" and "profile picture" are used interchangeably in this thread.)

Punktronica

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah i get you..i hate looking a those images so annoying and rude..and if my mum sees those images i am dead

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
I entirely agree with you. It's starting to get really annoying seeing those profile pictures and the last thing we want tod is showing a bad image towards new players.

MikeDao

Survivor
Reaction score
Lmao if that's the case I recommend this website pbskids.org/
It's a great website for little kids.

It's not even that serious tbh. What little kid would make a forums on this account and view people's profiles? How is it inappropriate for these kids? We are exposed to this stuff everyday. On social media , social networks, public, everywhere. When I went to a pool party girls were all looking sexy in their bikini. So what? What's gonna happen to you? Suck it up and just stop complaining. By fifth grade our class learned about sex ed and it taught us how babies were made. There was literally animations of sexual intercourse happening. How old was I? 10.

MaestroZeN

Platinum
Reaction score
You can say what you want but SWIMSWEAR MODEL ARE SWIMSWEAR MODEL.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
MCGamer is supposed to be a network that is kid-friendly.
What exactly does "kid-friendly" even mean anymore? Let's face it, 60-70% of the in-game community are 12 year olds either telling each other to #$%& off and kill themselves, or spamming something very sexual or links to inappropriate websites. Over a block-game.

Not that I disagree with your post. That was just a silly mini-rant by me.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
After noticing the responses towards this thread I have come to realize that there is miscommunication here..
We must keep in mind that the social media we use like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, or Twitter usually involve the exposure of many different celebrities. And as mentioned, people like Kylie Jenner or even the swimsuit models people use in the forums are exposed to social media, where everyone can see. And as previously mentioned, with a very good point, is that we do see this everywhere around us, nearly every day. Therefore we have practically grown used to viewing swimsuit models or women in bikinis.

But that's where the border is. There's a fine line between the things we see on social media, and the things we are seeing in MCGamer. Social media provides the obvious things we expect to see nearly every day in our lives. Either it be vines from comedians, updates from the daily lives of your friends (or enemies, or your crush), or just simply what goes on around the world. However, in MCGamer, on the other hand, we don't necessarily expect people to use pictures of a bikini model, or a disturbing image of a half naked man (Trust me, I've seen things like this here...) as an avatar for their profile, which everyone can see.

In MCGamer, we hope for people to be more friendly and understanding of one another online. Unfortunately, we still are yet to reach that point, since there are still some people who are out there to cause the community some trouble. And that's why it's up to staff members to, on a daily basis, deal with these kinds of situations, and hopefully prevent them from ever continuing. And at the same time, there are still people out there who are willing to make people cringe without getting themselves in trouble. That's where the bikini girls come in. The MCGamer rules state not to add any inappropriate links/images. But that's what several people decide to add these images because they're borderline inappropriate.

Additionally, a majority of us may know a lot about the birds and the bees, and learnt about it at a pretty young age too. But that doesn't justify making it some sort of normality in a community that revolves around a game of blocks, the images are redundant here in the forums, and can remain in social media as people wish to have them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci