• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips & Tricks For Newer Players/ Players Looking To Sharpen Their Skills

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi! My name's NewYorkKid. If you're new to the survival games or even Minecraft Player vs. Player combat, there are a few tips and tricks that may help you become a better Survival Games player​
Tip #1: Chest Routes. You should always have a chest route on every map. This is a number of chests that you run to every game. Having multiple chest routes is a good idea for times when yours is taken. You should also try to add on to your route or even find more efficient ways of getting to it/ through it.​
Tip #2: Eating. If you have some available, always eat cooked food. Even if you're only missing 2 hunger bars, eating a food item that fills more is never a bad idea. The more hunger a food item fills, the more hunger saturation you'll have. Meaning the longer you'll have to wait before the next time you eat.​
Tip #3: Sprint Jumping. Believe it or not, holding your space-bar while sprinting is a bit faster than just sprinting. Ever wondered why you just keep getting caught up to while running away from someone? That's why. Also, if you're under a 2-block gap (ex. a low tree or ledge) spamming your space-bar will give you a hefty speed boost that can be used to escape danger, or even catch up to your prey.​
Tip #4: Combat. Combat is a huge part of the Survival Games. There's a lot of things that could give you an edge in combat. Being lower than your opponent is always a plus. You may think that having the high ground would give you an advantage, but that's where you're wrong. You can reach farther looking up than you can looking down, which is why running up a ladder in a fight is always a bad idea. In water, diving below your opponent will give you a huge advantage as well, making them unable to hit you.​
Tip #5: Secondary Items. You should always carry a bow with you, it could save your life or even win you the game when you're at a disadvantage. Always have a fishing rod handy on maps with a lot of water. Even though it does no physical damage, it does do damage to armor, and knocks back your opponents. Never throw away feathers or flint. Flint and steel can be crafted with an iron ingot and a flint, and while it only has a few uses on these servers it can be used to scare off threats, or turn the tides in battle (as it has a damage-over-time burning effect and also blocks half the opponent's screen with a fire animation)​
Tip #6: Knowing Weapon Stats. You should know by now that a Wooden sword is less effective then a Diamond sword, but there are a few things that some people don't know. A Golden sword is only as good as a Wooden sword, so only craft it as a last resort. Wooden sword is equivalent to a Stone axe, but the sword can block so always go with the sword. Axes are equivalent to the sword of the lesser type (ex. Iron axe = Stone sword & Diamond axe = Iron Sword)​
Tip #7: Knowing Armor Stats. It should be obvious that Leather armor is worse than Iron armor, but some people seem to be confused on a few armor ratings. Golden armor is equal to Chain armor for the most part. The only thing that differs is that Chain Leggings are better than Golden Leggings. Golden helmet, Chain helmet, and Iron helmet are all equal. Leather boots, Golden boots, and Chain boots are all equal as well. Diamond armor cannot be found in any chests, the only way to obtain them is by crafting them with diamonds found in chests.​
Tip #8: Knowing Chest Types. There are 2 types of chests in the Survival Games. Tier 1 and Tier 2. Tier 1 chests can contain Wooden and Stone weapons, Leather armor, sticks, Iron & Gold ingots, flint, bowls, wheat, and un-cooked/ lower foods. These chests can be found strewn throughout the maps, and make up most of the chests that you'll find. Tier 2 chests can contain any armor better than Leather (besides diamond), Stone swords, Iron & Gold ingots, Diamonds, Clocks, Compasses, Flint & Steel, and cooked/ greater foods. These chests make-up the cornucopia and can also be found in areas usually well hidden or ridden with traps.​
Tip #9: Cornucopia. The cornucopia is the area that you'll start out in. It contains a workbench and 8 or more chests. Seeing as how chests refill at night, you'll usually find people making their way back to the corn around that time as it's the easiest and most efficient way to get geared up in a short amount of time. You should always know your way back to the cornucopia and you should be equipped with enough loot to be able to defend it. If not, you can always just take your chest route over again and hope to get good gear.​
Tip #10: Traps. This should be obvious, but if you see a dark room with a lever that says "Pull this for Diamonds", you should probably get as far away from that lever as humanly possible. The Survival Games' maps are filled with traps, lava holes, difficult parkour, and silly easter-eggs. You should avoid these traps at all costs, because even though the reward may be large, you'll most likely end up staring at the "You've Died" screen.​
Tip #11: Winning. To win the Survival games, you must be the last one remaining. The Survival games servers contain a maximum of 24 players. These players are some of the best PvP'ers you'll find, so to be successful in killing them, you'll need to be at the top of your game. Always be aware, especially in small maps like breeze Island and Survival Games 4, because where there's one guy, there's usually another 3 more only a few seconds from swooping in and killing you after an intense fight.​
I hope these tips help you to become a better Survival Games player, and may the server lag be ever in your favor :cool:

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
You forgot to say dont let your guard down when you have amazing gear. I always think to myself when I have good gear that there is always some someone with better gear then me (because there usually is).

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Moved to Strategies section.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Very useful strategy guide for new and old players alike. And actually well written, as opposed to most of the other ones XD

Elitez

Spectator
Reaction score
Whoa, your tips are very good and they helped me. I like it when pro players share their strategies. Yup, avoid those god damn traps, i have died in those traps with my friends a lot :D, BTW, u have forgot one more tip... ALLIANCE. Teaming up is a very gooood strategy. You can rape decked out players and steal their stuff, so.... teaming up gives you a huge advantage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci