• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips on future mod applications.

Is this a good idea or not?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• No

• Total voters

Maxwill

Gold
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got into the feature suggestions part of the website and now i'm ready to give out some of my ideas.

Note: I am not hating on the review process of the Sr Staff, I just think that this process could make it better so that's why I'm here ;)

Anyways I thought about this. So on a mod application if your lucky enough to get to pending, this is the time period when multiple members look and review over your application. Sadly if you get declined a Sr. Mod breaks the news and says you were declined for whatever reason. However this is where my idea comes in, once you get a response, either multiple sr mods could respond telling you what they thought of your application or the one sr mod that responds could speak on behalf of the other sr staff members and tell you what they said. I know however that some if the information may be classified but you don't have to leak that part of it ;) This will help the person know what specific parts of the application the sr staff liked or didn't like instead of a broad term summing it up. Also something that could go along with this idea is the idea of a list of standards the player met or didn't meet. Here is the example.
[x] The player was helpful to players in game, team speak, and on the forums.
[✔] The player demonstrated great experience of a mod
[✔] The player was respectful and appropriate at all times.
Or something along the lines of that. All of this helps people know what they have down and what they need to work on. Me myself having been declined in pending 3 times already I would greatly like to know what I need to improve on specifically :D

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I mean, generally the Sr. Mod who replies will let you know why you've been denied. If him or her doesn't, I am sure you can come on TeamSpeak and ask someone (a Sr. Mod) and they'd most likely be happy to help.

Maxwill

Gold
Reaction score
I mean, generally the Sr. Mod who replies will let you know why you've been denied. If him or her doesn't, I am sure you can come on TeamSpeak and ask someone (a Sr. Mod) and they'd most likely be happy to help.
yes I know that but its usually something like a broad statement like you do not meet our standard, and I feel like with a specific list of standards that the say you meet or don't meet then you would know exactly what to strive for and the best thing is no plugin or code just a response :D yes i know the idea is a little rough sounding but with some fine tweaking I believe that it could be a great thing for potential applicants

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
yes I know that but its usually something like a broad statement like you do not meet our standard, and I feel like with a specific list of standards that the say you meet or don't meet then you would know exactly what to strive for and the best thing is no plugin or code just a response :D yes i know the idea is a little rough sounding but with some fine tweaking I believe that it could be a great thing for potential applicants
I don't know about you, but when I was denied I got decently specific reasons and then I talked to a Sr. Mod whom gave me even more specifics.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I know every Sr. Mod does this differently. Some Sr. Mods are rather upfront and tell users which sections. Others, like myself, just give a general answer. I want the best of the best to be mods, so a person should be willing to put the effort into finding what they did wrong and fix it themselves. If they're willing to take the initiative and ask me questions about their app, then I'm a bit impressed with the fact that they took the initiative to ask me about their app. In such a case, I'll give them some tips, and tell them sections to improve on.

This is just what I did when I was Sr. Staff, and from my experiences during that period. I don't like the idea of Sr. Mods just telling you exactly what to do to get your app through because I want to see the best and brightest get accepted.

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
All the Sr.Mods are helpful.. That's why they have the rank.
They are all nice individuals who deserve their rank.
Put yourself in their shoes.. Do you think it would be easy?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Your denial reason on your application is not meant to be your only response. As Lively said, those who took the initiative to seek out a Sr. Moderator on TS will learn more about what their denial reason was, and will have an upper hand in their next application. I believe the Sr. Staff should give you a solid reason, but if you want detail go on TS :)

Maxwill

Gold
Reaction score
Your denial reason on your application is not meant to be your only response. As Lively said, those who took the initiative to seek out a Sr. Moderator on TS will learn more about what their denial reason was, and will have an upper hand in their next application. I believe the Sr. Staff should give you a solid reason, but if you want detail go on TS :)
Thanks now I know what I need to do. I kinda figures this idea was rough but this will work ;)

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
All the factors into getting waiting rank rely a lot more than a small list, they look at many things, so if you get denied the give you a short explanation, and if you seek further information you can find a Sr. Staff member on our TeamSpeak server!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci