• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tier 3 Chest Suggestions - Round 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swan

Survivor
Reaction score
Saddle, "Not-too-OP" potions (swiftness, strength), diamond armor (helmet and boots), pig spawn eggs + carrot on a stick!

FLAMEdex

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Maybe:
Knockback II stick
Potions: 1 min
Diamond Boots
bow (maybe enchanted?)
32 arrows
Diamond x 1
Iron x 2
Fishing Pole
Carrot On a Stick
Saddle

Robaire

Tribute
Reaction score
Bottles O' Enchanting, Ender Pearls, Potions, Potion Ingredients, Cobwebs that can be placed

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Dear lord please no horses in Mcsg ._. It's a PvP server not a medieval battle minigame. People who got the horses would just ride them around the map the whole game and pretty much be invincible. Most mcsg maps are made for player navigation, not horse navigation anyway, meaning the amount of forests and water would make riding horses near-impossible, and I can see the jump-height of horses also being abused. Concentration of pvp has always been what makes this server stand out, just re-consider, because I'd rather not change this to the minecraft horse games. Just a thought :p

For the most part, I agree with you on no horses. I don't want the Survival Games to become more and more complicated. I love the simple days.

Edit 2: Fireworks. Please and thank you.

Fireworks could be...amazing. Just one of them. On maps other than solar frost, it would be a great way to bring attention to your location. The amount of uses for this is amazing...I could be being chased by a team, I pop down that firework and bring in the attention of everyone else on the server. I could also just use it to gain attention to myself even when alone, such as during late game, to hopefully gain the attention of one of the last people and encourage the fight early. I could lure someone into a trap...or I could even help a teammate out by distracting the people chasing him. The amount of uses for a firework is endless, and none are overpowered in any way, as it's entirely the other players decision to follow it or ignore it. It's all mind games... I'd highly recommend this, unless there is something big about it that I'm missing.

Yes! Using fireworks as a distress signal and/or a signal to draw attention from others is awesome! I always use the lifeguard fireworks on Holiday Resort!

TheGibbo

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that the tier 2 chests should have a chance of turning into a tier 3 so as to not make everyone going straight for the spots where the best items are so you can demolish everyone straight away.

Items should include:
1 small piece of diamond armour (helmet or boots)
Iron or diamond sword
1 god apple
Enchanted iron armour (low level enchant, protection 1, projectile protection)
Do the horse eggs but only on maps like sg1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or any of the bigger maps. Dot make them spawn on something small like breeze island

Operdasher

Platinum
Reaction score
Horses...I haven't tried them. I don't know what they are capable of, how easy they are to kill, what happens when spawned from an egg, any of that stuff...but I doubt it would be properly balanced for MCSG. Some maps would also be really terrible for horses...If they are going to be added, really do think it out fully and make sure everything with it is balanced.

Also, when it comes to tier 3 locations...if there is going to be any fewer than about 6, they cannot be in static locations. They must be random. (Possibly replacing a tier two.) If they are static, games would just become a giant bloodbath for the tier 3, especially if the items were really good. (Horses allow for extremely fast travel on routes, which would be a huge boost.) Avoiding the bloodbath by not going there won't be much of an option if the items are good enough (diamond armor.) as a player with a full set of diamond armor, for example, would be near unbeatable unless you were really well stacked yourself. (A single lucky tier 3 w/ full diamond/iron sword would be pretty much unbeatable early game, even if you weren't really trying.)
A tier 3 should be a lucky bonus, not a strategic route decider. Unless the items are really, really underwhelming, the bloodbaths would simply ruin the game.

If tier 3's are going to contain items like diamond armor and iron swords, they must be limited in how many items a single one can give. A lucky tier 3 that gives full diamond/iron sword early game would make you pretty much invincible for a short while, and still a really tough foe even late game. A single pair of diamond boots and a diamond helmet should be the extent of what you can get from it. Any more and it becomes ridiculous.
I'm recommending that each tier 3 spawns 3 items that are not normally obtainable in the game through chests, and it tries to balance it by giving them a "value" and making sure the three items always equal in value a certain number. For example, a pair of diamond boots would be a value of 2, a helmet would also be 2, and a strength one potion would be a 4, equaling 8, which would be the limit of "goodness" essentially. This way, you can't just find like a diamond chestplate, diamond leggings and a diamond sword all in the same tier three early game. It should be a lucky find, but never a complete game-deciding factor regardless of skill, if you know what I mean. (These are all examples, even in the above paragraph. Assuming the list I'm providing below, I think more than three items would be plenty fine. I'm making this list assuming most of this won't really happen.)

Things I can recommend for a tier 3:

-One enderpearl
-Iron Sword
-Diamond Boots
-Diamond Helmet
-Golden Apples (3)*
-Golden Carrots (3)
-Steak (3)
-Cooked Porkchop (3)
-Speed I Potion (1 minute)*
-Arrows (8)
-Fire Resistance Potion (1 minute)*
-Flint'n'steel (2)*
-Feathers (3)*
-Flint (3)
-Gold Ingots (5)
-Iron Ingots (2)
-Diamonds (2)

*I believe I heard something about golden apples changing in 1.6? I haven't taken a look myself, so I'm not sure exactly. Assuming they don't change, the golden apples in stacks of 3 seems fair to me.

*Speed 1 potion doesn't actually make you go faster. Sprint jumping goes ever so very slightly faster, but it's so little a difference it hardly matters. Regular sprinting, however, is enhanced to be nearly sprint jump speed. This means it's not necessarily a get-out-of-jail-free card for anybody, but put in the right hands of someone who's familiar with a map and knows how to use it, it can be one. (Also enhances your PvP ability in fights a tiny bit, since you move faster when walking and not sprint jumping. If someone really doesn't want to fight someone else with the effect, they can wait it out by running. Main problem I see is possibly people without particles on calling hacks on it, but it's still entirely possible to distinguish if it's the potion or not if you know how.)

*Fire Resistance is a bit difficult. I intend for it to be used for avoiding flint'n'steel in a fight without worry for a short amount of time, however I'm sure there are ways people will find out how to use it to get in places they shouldn't be in. At only a minute, though, it's still really risky. I'm a bit iffy on it myself.

*That's right, a stack of 2 flint and steels. I'm not entirely sure how the plugin works with stacked flint'n'steels, it might break both, or it might break the first and start on the next with full durability. Could also glitch out entirely and the second might have normal durability and not the reduced...Assuming this is possible, I would like to see it, as I think it's a cool idea. (It's really not overpowered in any way, just a convenient way to not have to take all the food off your hotbar to get the most uses out of flint and steel.)

*Feathers really need to come in stacks of one in the other chests again. I'm still not quite getting why it's five anyway.

For now, that's all I have off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more that could be done, though.

I'd just like to say now, though: I have witnessed how enchanted items effect SG games...as awesome as enchants are, they are quite overpowered, and unless tier 3's were far, far more common than you say is intended, so much as a power 1 bow would be way too much. Please, keep the game enchant free. When it comes to potions, the only ones I feel are fair are the speed I and fire resistance for very limited amounts of time. It's simply too game-changing to do much else with them. I feel the best use for tier 3 chests is more of a lucky chest that gives you a boost towards what you are already working towards on a route, instead of otherwise unobtainable enchanted stuff. This way, I don't feel too overpowered and frustrated by someones luck in finding one of these chests, but they still get a significant boost. (Obviously, the few normally unobtainable items I mentioned are fine. These ones are the only currently unobtainable items I believe would really be fair in this environment. Full diamond would just be too ridiculous.)

Edit: Seems I forgot bottles of enchanting:

Personally, I'd love to see them spawn in these chests. It's uncommon enough that there's only one enchanted weapon a game on average...but at least we'd actually see enchanted items in the first place. I personally find this a much better answer to enchanted items, as it's not immediate and can be prevented. It also requires the player knows the map well enough to know where the table is, so that "random noobs", for lack of a better way to put it, don't become too overpowered out of pure luck.

Edit 2: Fireworks. Please and thank you.

Fireworks could be...amazing. Just one of them. On maps other than solar frost, it would be a great way to bring attention to your location. The amount of uses for this is amazing...I could be being chased by a team, I pop down that firework and bring in the attention of everyone else on the server. I could also just use it to gain attention to myself even when alone, such as during late game, to hopefully gain the attention of one of the last people and encourage the fight early. I could lure someone into a trap...or I could even help a teammate out by distracting the people chasing him. The amount of uses for a firework is endless, and none are overpowered in any way, as it's entirely the other players decision to follow it or ignore it. It's all mind games... I'd highly recommend this, unless there is something big about it that I'm missing.
This comment is bigger than my last moderator application...

Mik3yTV

Spectator
Reaction score
I would say maybe a diamond sword an abundance of tier 2 stuff and maybe some diamond armor (hats and boots)

Reaction score
Horses are going to be... Just way too over powered... Even if there is only one chest, if someone gets a horse, oh noes... :(

X920MikeyB

Tribute
Reaction score
I still think diamond armour should be kept out of it personally speaking... too heavily armoured... Iron's more than enough. Also I wouldn't want too many diamonds in chests. Again, so people don't craft diamond armour. Iron Armour + Diamond sword is pretty powerful alone.

Unuxon

Career
Reaction score
*EDIT*

If Horses were added into the game their should be a certain amount of time or distance you can use them for and they shouldn't be allowed in Deathmatch.

For example, lets say i got a horse spawn egg out of a chest and immediately after that i was attacked by a decked out team, then I could spawn the horse and use it to my advantage and get away, BUT the horse shouldn't last forever, It should act as if it were a item with really low durability and the durability got weaker the farther it went, so maybe i'm on Sg4 and im on my horse and running from a quadruple team, then my horse should maybe only last long enough for maybe the distance of the map(When i say the distance of the map i don't mean the distance of the map your playing on but maybe just the distance of sg4 from airefield to train or farther.)After I go about the distance of the Sg4 map the horse would simply disappear leaving me on the ground. I also believe horses shouldn't be allowed in DeathMatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci