• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tier 3 Chest Suggestions - Round 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenshirtman

Spectator
Reaction score
horse spawn sounds good, but diamond armor/high diamond spawn rate sounds OP, so maybe a high spawn rate of iron armor? Or, perhaps some low-tier potions?

greenshirtman

Spectator
Reaction score
Id love them, but I dont think that they should be 'static' if you know what I mean.
I think that a number of tier 2 chests should have a random chance to turn into tier 3's.
This is because it would be unfair on the guys who didn't get the best gear from their routes, so they have no chance to fight over said tier 3.
In short, the guy who gets the iron armour and diamond sword will become even more powerful, and other players will have an even harder time taking him out.
EDIT: I also noticed that this would change people's perspectives on chest routes, but in a good way.
Rather than a mad rush for the tier 3's, you would get concentrated fighting on chest routes with high numbers of tier 2's, but this would be spread over multiple chest routes, rather than just one.
But, this would make Survival Games even more of "luck of the draw" the chest could be anywhere and whoever happens to get it would have a huge advantage, this would only work if tier 3's got nerfed or tier 2's got a buff.

greenshirtman

Spectator
Reaction score
Diamond hats+ boots, iron/enchanted iron swords(diamond swords=too OP) bottles o enchanting, and maybe everything from the sponsor menu?
Enchanted iron swords would be OP too, a sharp 1 iron sword is better than a non-enchanted diamond one. Also pre-made diamond boots/helmets would be just as OP as a high diamond spawn rate, they are hard to get for a reason.

Reaction score
Personally I don't like the idea of horses as I think it will be too much of a game changer, Also make sure that it doesn't become a case of whoever gets the tier 3 chest is almost surely going to win, as that will just ruin the game.
An idea could be to have the tier 3 chests be randomly selected out of all or a select group of the chests in the map, so their location changes each round, that way people cant just all run to it at the start.
Also I think it should be only a little bit better then tier 2, maybe a few diamonds, or an enchanted stone or iron sword, if you put in anything too OP it will through out the games balance. Please think this through very carefully.
Have fun figuring all this out.

greenshirtman

Spectator
Reaction score
Enchanted armour would be awesome. Potions should be brought back and this seems like a perfect place for them. Maybe like random things as well like snowballs or something lol c:

Edit** I remember on TS1 below the dragon in the double tier 2's there were a pair of diamond boots. That was always super fun to go after.
Potions would work, but only if they were low-tier (speed 1, 2:00). Also, enchanted iron armor is just as good as diamond armor, so that would only work if you put like fire protect on them, but that could be OP to, not entirely sure about that.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly 2/3 tier 3 is nothing compared to 200/300 chests on the map. I'd say add a new chest on spawn which is a guaranteed tier 3 on every map , and maybe 10 others scattered around randomly each game.
Potions should definitely be added into them along with hobosticks , enchant books , dyes , leads , horse armour , horse saddles , ender pearls , coal , and diamond chest plate.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Honestly 2/3 tier 3 is nothing compared to 200/300 chests on the map. I'd say add a new chest on spawn which is a guaranteed tier 3 on every map , and maybe 10 others scattered around randomly each game.
Potions should definitely be added into them along with hobosticks , enchant books , dyes , leads , horse armour , horse saddles , ender pearls , coal , and diamond chest plate.
I know you were gonna say hobosticks.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But, this would make Survival Games even more of "luck of the draw" the chest could be anywhere and whoever happens to get it would have a huge advantage, this would only work if tier 3's got nerfed or tier 2's got a buff.
The chests already are luck of the draw.
There would only be one or two tier 3's per chest refills.
The only way that tier 3's could be balanced is if they were random, if they were static, the majority of chest routes would be abandoned in the mad rush for the one or two tier 3's on the map.
(And by the way, don't triple post. Use the edit button)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci