• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Those Communication Errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoteam

Tribute
Reaction score
Alright,

I understand why the servers keep resetting. I join a game and wait for it to restart. Once it restarts, I keep refreshing the server list watching for it come back online. I refresh, refresh and it says "Can't connect to server" which I assume is when the server is offline. Then after a few seconds I get "Communication Error". I assume that when I get the Communication Error, it means the server is back up, but for some reason my minecraft can't connect to it. In order to get a connection on the server list, I have to restart my minecraft by which time the server is full. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? I understand that after a second the server should come back but it doesn't for me. I would appreciate anyone's insight because I've been trying to get into a lobby for about 2 hours now and yeah. Help?

Same thing happens when I connect to a full server and click back to my server list.

P.S. bunnies ghosts.

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
If you try to join and fail, it will not allow you to reconnect to the server for about 10-15 seconds. In a way it is spam protection on joining the servers.

The best bet is to wait until the server comes back up and try to be the first or so to get in.

FallenxAngel

Spectator
Reaction score
I think the problem you have is being caused by how often you refresh/ping the servers on your list. From my understanding if you try to ping a server too many times it will temporarily block you from joining or even seeing that the server has come back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci