• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Things to Avoid Doing on the Forums

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Quite often, many people can do things that frustrate others: sometimes without even knowing they're doing so! This guide should help you prevent this from happening in the near future.

1. Do Not Double Post, Triple Post, etc.
This is one of the most common mistakes that annoys people quite frequently. Double posting, and any other sort of posting several times in a row is against the rules and frowned upon by players. If you left something out in your last post, simply press the "edit" button to fix it. The only time double posting is allowed is if you are reserving the 2nd slot for a thread.

2. Show your reasoning
If you are in a debate with someone on a topic, be sure to state your reasoning. For instance, if it were a "Mac vs PC" debate, try and avoid simply saying "Mac is better" or "PC is better". Instead, have a detailed post such as "I prefer the PC, as I feel that it is more user friendly, runs more games, and overall is a better gaming console." It makes all the difference in the world and makes you seem less of a troll.

3. Don't Spam
There are several ways to spam, and while you may not realize it, you could possibly doing it. The main form of spam is a constant messages that repeat the same thing. If you have stated your point once, or posted a video once, don't do it again. People will see it, just be patient.

4. Don't Get Aggressive
This happens in a lot of debates. While they start off as simple things, they can quickly escalate into a heated debate. If push comes to shove, either back out of it, or simply admit that the person was right (you don't actually need to believe it, just let them think it). Remember, if you're too aggressive you risk a temporary ban in your account.

5. Respect The Staff
The staff will always respect you. (If they don't, be sure to report it) So in return you need to show them the same courtesy. As like #4, you need to be kind in debates and show full reasoning. Don't be rude or obnoxious to them or call them names. They won't appreciate this, and making mods as an enemy is always a bad thing.

6. Don't Spam Peoples Profiles!
When making profile posts on members' profiles, especially staff, do NOT post a new, separate message on their profile to reply to a comment. Comment on the original profile post. As well as this, do not post questions on Chad or the other Admin's walls. Odds are, you won't get an answer. Simply ask your question in the general support section.

I hope this guide helped! Thanks for reading! :)

Cool997

Survivor
Reaction score
Great guide Arena, should help the new comers a lot on understanding the forums :)

Fnnythe3hd

Platinum
Reaction score
You post a lot of these long threads... I like it. <3

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Add another:

When making profile posts on members' profiles, especially staff, do NOT post a new, separate message on their profile to reply to a comment. Comment on the original profile post.

So often profiles get spammed with separate messages asking follow-ups to the original question. It is extremely annoying. People just don't seem to get it. It makes the page look horribly disorganized and it makes me crazy. :mad:

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Add another:

When making profile posts on members' profiles, especially staff, do NOT post a new, separate message on their profile to reply to a comment. Comment on the original profile post.

So often profiles get spammed with separate messages asking follow-ups to the original question. It is extremely annoying. People just don't seem to get it. It makes the page look horribly disorganized and it makes me crazy. :mad:
Good thinking! I'll add that :)

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
Yeah, either way this needs to come back up, seeing as nobody seems to read the rules.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci