• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Theorticallyy's Top Three Tips

Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No (explain why)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Red Fishing Rods (Yes) (explain why)

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Theory's Top 3 Pro Tips:

Never have a full inventory.This is life-saving in many ways, and could result in a couple extra wins in your part. When you have a full inventory and you’ve killed another player, all these items burst out. With you only capable of holding 40 items, you will typically have to shift through the items you obtained. This creates a handful of problems.

It’s life-saving! Remember, you can only shift through one item at a time... and time is precious. You could use this time to hunt down other players, craft a better sword, or eat some food. Winning the survival games is sometimes attributed to time. Additionally, you are quite vulnerable when shifting through items, for your view is obstructed by the inventory screen. This makes people have high chances of surprising you--and after you just fought someone, when your health in down.

Helps you deal with teams! Without your inventory crammed with leather armor, and wooden swords--not to mention seeds and saplings, you are free to do more. If you are up against a team with decked armor, you can quickly kill one, and grab their items, and have the time to escape. When your inventory is full, you would have to shift through the dead teammate’s loot--giving the second one chance to pick up the stuff, or kill you.
Keep Saturation in Mind. With Minecraft containing numerous foods, they have to have different purposes! Yes, food has personality! Use these personalities to your advantage, giving you something your opponent can’t catch. Saturation. Saturation is a measurement of how long your hunger will be satisfied. Every food will keep you from running hungry for different amounts of time. But how can this be used to your advantage?

Be a better endurance runner! Okay, let’s say you have some good loot. All of a sudden you spot a team of two who you think you can take out. They get some lucky hits, and you're running for your life. This team also just happens not give up on your iron sword, and gold chestplate--they want you dead. With your hunger wasting away, there is no way you can regain. A second later it seems as you can’t sprint--and another second you’re dead.

What did you do wrong?... Oh, you ate that raw fish. If you had eaten something with higher saturation, you would have been able to regain your health and take them on again.

Cooked foods (found in tier 2 chests) are equipped with higher saturations. If you have these foods before you embark on a difficult task make sure you eat them. Thus, you can sustain a longer period of time with the ability to regain health.

Side Note: The order in which you eat your food matters. If you eat steak before a raw chicken, you will not experience the high saturation of the steak. The last thing you ate decides your length of time before you have to eat again. And remember even if you have a half-unit of food gone, it is still better to eat the cooked foods before you engage.

Stop wasting arrows, they’re important! With the addition of the bow to Minecraft, suddenly players could inflict damage from a long distance. However, be warned of this long distance.This long distance practically eats arrows and helps other players, unless you use it the right way. You can shoot players from a long distance yes, but not kill them usually. If you do this, they have a better chance survival by of being forewarned of your presence. An arrow is a little message to them saying a player is near.

Dat sword is cool too! You can shoot players from a long distance yes, but not kill them usually. If you do this, they have a better chance of survival by being forewarned of your presence; which results in them running away and regaining...a total waste of that hard earned arrow! An arrow is a little message to them saying a player is near, so never give them this message until it’s too late for them.

How do I get those Sexy Sniper Shots? As we’ve learned, arrows are a forewarning. So don’t use them until appropriate. First sneak in with that sword and get the player low on hearts. While he is running away, then is the time to reach for that bow--and get the snipe.
If he knows you have arrows, he may try and dodge them with a lot of curves in his sprinting, slowing him down, which also enables you to kill him with that sword if you’d like. (Pro Tip: Arrow shots are sexier)

How do I make my chaser scram? Okay, you got a little too cocky, and now you're low on health with a decked out player breathing down your neck in a wild chase. Help? Do you have arrows? Yes? Okay, here’s how you can save yourself. Arrows can be used defensively too! All you have to do is get some space between your predator. Try doing this by cutting corners, taking some good leaps (not up hills), and juke-ing him out. Once you’ve got some space, quickly turn around and snipe him. Aim that bow straight. Typically if you're running away he will be right behind your tail for an easy straight shot. Do this consistently, and make sure you have some space. This will either: A. Get him low on health and retreat or B. make him run in odd ways in attempts to dodge your arrows. If he is running oddly, you will be able to increase the gap in between you and him... and if he runs away, your saved.

Check out my YouTube Channel: CLICK HERE
Check out my Clan: CLICK HERE

Eagle37

Tribute
Reaction score
These were really good tips and it helped coming from a pro since those are some tactics that you use in-game, and they might help me get more wins (I have 20 wins) :D

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nice top of tips.. I really like it, And didn't know the thing about saturation.. i will be going to use that ;)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
...With you only capable of holding 40 items...
Actually, you can only hold 36 :p
This was a really interesting thread, but I found it confusing to start out. I thought the first 3 paragraphs were the 3 ideas, then I scrolled down more and realized I was wrong.
Awesome thread though, you should make more :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci