• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Ugly Sweater Holidays Contest

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

"Uh... Thanks for this beautiful sweater, Grandma..."
(For the record, that isn't me)

We've all been there. At best, the sweater is lumpy, itchy, and so gut-wrenchingly ugly that the Geneva Convention registers wearing one in public a war crime (even if your country is at peace). At worst, you soon discover how flammable weaved cotton really is after sitting too close to the open fire. However, you know that your grandma/aunt/relative with good intentions but terrible fashion sense worked really hard on this, so you are pressured to wear it despite a preference to simply not wear anything at all. 'Tis a tradition as old as the holidays themselves.

But fear not! For in today's modern society, we have turned a once-embarrassing tradition of shame into a still-embarrasing tradition of shame that we are embracing ironically for our self-aware entertainment.

We are happy to announce the MCGamer Ugly Sweater Holidays Contest!

Of course, this being a Minecraft community, it has to be a Minecraft skin.

Feel free to post your own pictures of ugly sweaters in the comments below for inspiration, though!

Ugly Sweater Contest? Whaaaat?

We want to see the ugliest, tackiest, and utterly ridiculous creations that you can come up with. Be it clashing colors, ugly patterns, or poor placement of iconic figures (Yup, Rudolph's nose definitely needed to go right at crotch level...), those sweaters should be as festive as they are utterly terrible to look at. Heck, you can go ahead and customize any apparel you want, so long as it is sufficiently festive and ugly.

Furthermore, in order to rekindle everyone's traumatic childhood memories of such sweaters, you should have to wear it in public too! Show your holiday spirit by playing games on MCGamer while wearing your Ugly Sweater skin, and take a picture of yourself while doing so.

The winners will be chosen by me based on how amazing (read: puke-inducingly awful) the skin is.

But why would anyone want to wear that?
  • Psychological Warfare! Your opponents will be blinded by your monstrous fashion choice that you'll easily be able to get the drop on them.
  • Being festive! As it goes in Deck the Halls, "Don we now our gay apparel", somewhere between the "Fa la la la la"'s and something about Trolls.
  • Why not?
  • Oh, and I'll throw in 25,000 Credits (+ the 1,250 bonus) and an MCSG Stats Reset for the winner.
Okay, I'll endure an ugly sweater for that. What do I need to do?
  1. Design a Minecraft skin that incorporates an Ugly Sweater! You are encouraged to add more than just a sweater too, so make an entire Ugly Outfit if you want.
    • Points will be given for both festivity and ugliness.
    • Please keep everything appropriate as well. There’s a fine line between tacky and inappropriate.
  2. Play a few games on MCGamer to show off your Ugly Sweater Skin!
  3. Take a picture of yourself on your Ugly Sweater Skin! You can be playing a game, standing in the hub, or humiliating tributes with the knowledge that you beat them in a game of MCSG with the handicap of wearing an Ugly Sweater.
  4. Submit the image of your skin AND the image of you wearing your skin at the link below!

Winners will be chosen on December 28th, 2014.

That's when Grandma goes back home for the holidays, and the family burns the ugly sweaters once she's gone.

So, what are you waiting for? Create your Ugly Sweater Skin Today!

Please also take a moment to thank Col.Star for actually writing this up and having the idea with Joey.

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I will definitely be entering this without a doubt.

jared451

Survivor
Reaction score
What does it mean by 25,000 credits? Is this the new term for points or am I missing something? xD

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Uh oh, better specify skins. Default skin size only? 16x 32x 64x? I would make a higher resolution sweater if legal.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
What does it mean by 25,000 credits? Is this the new term for points or am I missing something? xD
Credits are not the same as points. When points are obtained or lost in-game upon killing players or dying, the MCGamer credits is a currency system that is used in the (mini)hub to purchase cosmetic items like pets, hats or even particle effects, just to show off to your friends. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci