• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Roadmap to the MCGamer V2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score

Hello Tributes,

So, everyone's hyped about the Next Chapter of MCGamer, right? New hub, Friend system, AVN merging, new Leaderboards, our server MAGIC , and XAC. If you're not excited right now, maybe you should reread THIS THREAD that explains all the great things that we will be releasing on November 12th, 2014.

Now that everyone knows what to expect when the update is released, I'm here to tell you about what's going to happen as me get there. In this thread, I'll be giving you folks a roadmap to the MCGamer V2 update, and tell you what to expect as we start the heavy lifting. Everyone should expect bugs, glitches, and server outages as we make the transition, but we want to thank you for your patience. As soon as everything is finished, the wait will be well worth it.

So put on your hard hats and slap on those reflective vests because this place will soon be a construction zone.

Time Frame:

The big day is approaching, but the final days of MCGamer V1 are occurring right now. MCGamer V1's systems have served us well, but it's time to move onto something new. So take those last pictures, play those last few games, and have fun on the old system while V1 is still around. November 12th is the last day of V1, but the first day of V2.

Here's what you need to know about November 12th:
  • The V2 updates will require scheduled maintenance on November 12th at [TIME TO BE ANNOUNCED]. The V1 servers will be fully functioning up to the minute the scheduled downtime is expected. Note that these will be the last games of MCSG, SGC, and QQ that will be on the Legacy Leaderboards before they are permanently saved; after the update, all stats will go on the new Leaderboards.
  • The Developers will need to shut everything down in order to run the update. This maintenance is expected to take 4 to 6 hours (and possibly longer), so MCGamer will be offline during that time.
  • Real-time updates will be given via the MCGamer Twitter feed, which can be found here: LINK. If there are any updates or announcements regarding the update, such as delays or official releases, it will be posted there.
As soon as the maintenance is finished, the moment will have arrived: MCG V2 will be here.

Bugs and Beta Testing

Fair warning: there will be bugs post-update. Every new system has its issues, but the Devs work tirelessly to fix them. We appreciate your patience as we work out the kinks of the new system, and rest assured that we'll have everything smoothed out soon.

Want to help us fix bugs? Become a Beta tester! Players who successfully report bugs from now until the update will be entered to win a giveaway. Each day, we'll be giving away five Platinum ranks per day to those who did their part to find bugs.

Whether you're interested in the giveaway or not, we're always looking to quash any bugs we see. Do your part for the development process by reporting bugs! The devs can't fix what they don't know about, so be sure to tell them.
You can report a bug here: LINK.

Domain Change

Like our new forums? Well more than just the looks of the webpage will be changed. The domain name for the MCGamer website will be changing with the update. While we have always lived on the minecraftsurvivalgames.com URL domain, this update will formally transition us to the mcgamer.net domain. Not only is it easier on the fingers to type, but we can finally identify ourselves as MCGamer.

Can't help but type the minecraftsurvivalgames.com URL? Old habits die hard? Not to worry either. Once the update hits and we're transitioned to the mcgamer.net domain, our minecraftsurvivalgames.com domain will automatically redirect you to the mcgamer.net URL.

Conclusion

We're almost there folks, but there is oh so much work yet to be done. We're excited to unveil MCGamer V2, but we must work tirelessly in order to get there. We appreciate the patience of this awesome community, and we know you'll enjoy what we have in store. There are bound to be bumps in the road of the MCG V2 update, but this roadmap should help you know what to expect.

Any questions about the new update? Be sure to ask!

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'm sure this update should be a massive change. :) I can't wait to see it. The Preview network was pretty derpy, but hopefully this one will be working flawlessly ASAP! :D

With the new minigames and features, I'm hoping for it to rejuvenate the servers and provide a fresh round of noobs... ah, sorry, I meant new players.

bridgedragon

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm sure this update should be a massive change. :) I can't wait to see it. The Preview network was pretty derpy, but hopefully this one will be working flawlessly ASAP! :D

With the new minigames and features, I'm hoping for it to rejuvenate the servers and provide a fresh round of noobs... ah, sorry, I meant new players.
I know right? A fresh batch of noobs I mean new players to wreck I mean play with! amirite ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci