• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The ping plugin - Why is it so inaccurate?

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It really does not make a difference on how good you are. For example Builda_Br3tt is from South Africa and plays on EU. He gets terrible ping and is still better than 90% of players.

Also ping does not actually effect how far you can hit someone from. That is determined by the anti-cheat on the server. If you have better ping it means that you hits register faster. Okay let me give you an example:

Me and you are fighting. We both click at the same time. I have 200 ping and you have 20 ping. This means my hits take 200 milliseconds to register and your's take 20 milliseconds. There for technically you hit me 1st but in reality you cannot tell the difference and it wont actually make a difference. Most people mistake good combos for ping. Having a good ping will not allow you to get better combos, that's a combination of good strafing techniques and getting perfect crits.

Okay, yes you might say if I have 5 ping and you have 400 ping then I am going to destroy you because of the huge delay. Unfortunately this is not true. As any decent PvP'r will know that has terrible ping you can also use this to your advantage.
I will give you another example:
With my 5 ping I try to hit you. But because there is such a difference between our pings I am not actually were you think I am. This is why it is so hard to hit someone that is lagging really bad.

I receive pretty poor ping - about 180 to 200. I have adapted a technique that I aim slightly to the right or left of were my opponent is. Thus taking count of the delay my hits register at perfect timing.

This is just a basic explanation and the whole subject of networks and ping in general is very complicated and actually interesting. If you do a search on Google there is much better explanations but I hope this helped you understand it more.
Is this just your opinion? Because I'm trying to figure out how you came to conclusion that ping doesn't affect your ability to play against everyone else.

Having a high ping puts you at a huge disadvantage against everyone else, (reaction time is key in first person games). Which is why in games like Call of Duty (first person game) they never do their high stakes competitions online, they always go to LAN. So there is absolutely no lag or difference in ping to each player. Everyone is on an equal playing field, to show their true skills. Playing with a high ping is a handicap that you're gonna have to practice, learn and work harder than everyone else. Just a small obstacle in your way of being the best.

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
I get 8 ping to my local servers, and 100 to MCGamer (EU). Please remember I play on all regions, and have won 1 if not several games on each.

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
From my experiences, there is little difference between any ping under 100ms.

But if your ping is over 100ms, it takes more skill to utilize it effectively.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Sure ping gives advantages in fights, but what I hate is when people use it as an excuse for losing. Like don't even xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci