• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The next chapter for MCGamer arrives on November 12, 2014!

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Within the next week, we are releasing the big update what our development team has been cooking up for the last year. I wanted to share with you some of the new features you can expect within our system if you haven’t already seen by visiting our preview network (preview.mcgamer.net). Here’s a brief list of some of the features you can look forward to.

New website with mobile site!

New hub system! Never get lost locating your friends as servers for each game will be on their own mini hub!

Party/Friends Systems! Easily join servers with your friends and keep track of where they are within the network.

Six new game modes from the AntVenom Network! Introducing Deadly Descent, Rocket Rumble, Survival Bingo, Color Zone, Hungry Games, and Party Time.

New perks for our premium members including a toggle silent join functionality! More perks announced closer to release.

New advanced leaderboards system. Overall (all data since the beginning of our community), V2 Leaderboards, Trending, regional, dailies, weeklies, monthlies, per game data and more!

For a detailed explanation of our new leaderboards and also any questions/comments about how it works, please visit this post for all the info you need to know: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/global-leaderboards-update-coming-soon.146861/ (We appreciate you keep your topics about it in that thread)

Dynamically allocated servers! Gone are the days of little to no free servers for a smaller, but popular game type. MCGamer v2 includes servers that dynamically switch to account for the current load! As an example, if MCTF2 is getting full, it’ll automatically have more servers added, allowing new users to keep joining (and hopefully eliminating full servers). We like to call it magic, but it’s really just a lot of code. (MAGIC: Magically Allocating Games In Code).

Reports and you. Introducing XAC (pronounced “Zack”), our new Anti-Cheat System. XAC is a sentient being whose goal in life is to make sure that we find as many hackers as we possibly can. XAC will talk directly with the staff team, allowing us to find those pesky hackers sooner and take them out sooner. Now, here’s the fun part: We’ve also added a new report command within the game that will allow you to report rule breakers from the comfort of your game. Just type in their name, what they did, and blam! No more having to find a mod to deal some swift justice.

Lastly, new maps for MCSG and other gametypes!

Last edited by a moderator:

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
Can't wait for this new update :)

But can you explain more on the party system? My question is, like if I add my friend to a party, and he joins it, and let's say I join SG47, if there is room in the server, will he come to the server aswell?

Looks like Hive...kind of...
I can see it from the website.

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
In my opinion this update is long overdue, but I hope I will finally be able to fully get back into the swing of MCSG along with Clan Wars and this update.

Looks like Hive...kind of...
This style of Hub has been around alot longer then when Hive first introduced their current hub.

Last edited:

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score

But can you explain more on the party system? My question is, like if I add my friend to a party, and he joins it, and let's say I join SG47, if there is room in the server, will he come to the server aswell?
You'll be able to use a command to warp all of your party members to the server you're in, assuming there's room in the server.

Rusty

Career
Reaction score

The party system includes a warp command. You type /party warp, and it'll try to move everyone from your party into the server (Assuming there is room)

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is honestly one of the best updates ever for MCGamer. The friend system is freaking amazing, it makes communication within the community so much more easy and the reporting system oh god, expect more rule breakers banned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci