• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The mod 'Goldentank' is abusing his powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamplemousse45

Spectator
Reaction score
Today, he has kicked about 10 people for glitching out in the training centre, including me. I have no proof as at the time I didnt feel it necessary, but im sure you can somehow see who has been kicked. I fell down a hole in the training centre and got into the city, along with some others. He made us stay against the wall and kicked the people who didnt. Im pretty sure this is abusing his powers. Also I think he has a grudge against me because every match he always goes for me -.- Please revoke his powers or tell him to stop abusing them. Thank you.

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
First off, the training centre is made for players to stay in there. Glitching is not approved and therefore, until we fix the glitch, we will kick people who take advantage of it.

Any player is going to kill someone, it was most likely just coincidence he killed you a few times.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
So, escaping the lobby is frowned upon, in this case I have seen mods and admins on the roof of the lobby, and from that point I thought it was ok, as of now I will stop exiting the lobby via abuse of breaking blocks beneath oneself.

Also it seems harsh to kick a person for being curious, it does no harm to the game nor other players and gives no advantages. I also consider it wrong to kick a player for doing this when there is nothing in the forums or the lobby it self that states that this act is wrong and should not be attempted. I have not seen any thing in the rules page or in a sticky about the matter.

Final note, one should not enforce a rule that is not clearly stated in some manner. If this were a business and I were an employee, and i was potentially fired( a bans equivalent in a business) from repeated abuse of something that is not clearly stated, that is grounds for suing. It happened to Mc Donald's and hot coffee, with a customer, and the customer won.

I guess that wasn't the final note, now I'm not trying to circumvent the rules or even bashing the mods for enforcing an unwritten rule, and I know that this is not a business per se, all I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to look out for the community, and as my signature says, i stand for justice, whether that is banning a hacker or pointing out a flaw with the rules, or call out a mod or mods on something I don't agree with. So please amend the rule to include this or at least create a sticky warning people of the consequences if this is attempted.

PS: If I have totally misunderstood this whole situation, or even missed a rule or sticky addressing this matter, Feel free to tell me. :p

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
An easy solution to not allow people to be able to glitch through there: Put another block on top or underneath the glowstone in the trenches. The glitch is other wise un-fixable, because it's a lag glitch not a code glitch.

K

Karoleigh

So, escaping the lobby is frowned upon, in this case I have seen mods and admins on the roof of the lobby, and from that point I thought it was ok, as of now I will stop exiting the lobby via abuse of breaking blocks beneath oneself.

Also it seems harsh to kick a person for being curious, it does no harm to the game nor other players and gives no advantages. I also consider it wrong to kick a player for doing this when there is nothing in the forums or the lobby it self that states that this act is wrong and should not be attempted. I have not seen any thing in the rules page or in a sticky about the matter.

Final note, one should not enforce a rule that is not clearly stated in some manner. If this were a business and I were an employee, and i was potentially fired( a bans equivalent in a business) from repeated abuse of something that is not clearly stated, that is grounds for suing. It happened to Mc Donald's and hot coffee, with a customer, and the customer won.

I guess that wasn't the final note, now I'm not trying to circumvent the rules or even bashing the mods for enforcing an unwritten rule, and I know that this is not a business per se, all I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to look out for the community, and as my signature says, i stand for justice, whether that is banning a hacker or pointing out a flaw with the rules, or call out a mod or mods on something I don't agree with. So please amend the rule to include this or at least create a sticky warning people of the consequences if this is attempted.

PS: If I have totally misunderstood this whole situation, or even missed a rule or sticky addressing this matter, Feel free to tell me. :p
A little excessive, too long. But i had my slave (Nooby) do it.

You're exploiting a glitch, which is against the rules.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
I see that you added that to the rules, which I am totally fine with, but don't punish people for doing something that isn't clearly stated, Common sense or not. And Karo you were one of the Staff that was on the roof that led me to believe exploring the city out of curiosity was ok. You may not have used a glitch to get out but you have a responsibility to do the right thing and if we are not allowed out you shouldn't be allowed out. The staff has a responsibility to be good role model, which means following all the rules.-_-

And no that post was neither excessive nor too long, I brought up a good point. While you are add it have someone add no caps to that list of rules, as that's not even on there but is always enforced. If the community has no way of knowing its against the rules, then it should not be enforced. These are good and valid points, that I would like to see changes made from to better this community.

And please don't ostracize me, by making me look like the bad guy here, because I happened to abuse a glitch that is harmless to the game and other player that I was led to believe by both you and ninjashrimp was ok.

Like I said i stand for what is right and just for the community, and all i ask is that the rules be updated to include everything that is currently being enforce. I follow rules, i respect the staff community, but when i see something that is not right i cant help but bring it up for the good of the community.

And to be honest im sure i'm on your s*** list now, but i don't care. The written rules don't cover everything enforced, and i feel that this is wrong.

Anywho, have a nice day, kudos for taking on the mammoth task of being a Senior mod.

K

Karoleigh

I see that you added that to the rules, which I am totally fine with, but don't punish people for doing something that isn't clearly stated, Common sense or not. And Karo you were one of the Staff that was on the roof that led me to believe exploring the city out of curiosity was ok. You may not have used a glitch to get out but you have a responsibility to do the right thing and if we are not allowed out you shouldn't be allowed out. The staff has a responsibility to be good role model, which means following all the rules.-_-

And no that post was neither excessive nor too long, I brought up a good point. While you are add it have someone add no caps to that list of rules, as that's not even on there but is always enforced. If the community has no way of knowing its against the rules, then it should not be enforced. These are good and valid points, that I would like to see changes made from to better this community.

And please don't ostracize me, by making me look like the bad guy here, because I happened to abuse a glitch that is harmless to the game and other player that I was led to believe by both you and ninjashrimp was ok.

Like I said i stand for what is right and just for the community, and all i ask is that the rules be updated to include everything that is currently being enforce. I follow rules, i respect the staff community, but when i see something that is not right i cant help but bring it up for the good of the community.

And to be honest im sure i'm on your s*** list now, but i don't care. The written rules don't cover everything enforced, and i feel that this is wrong.

Anywho, have a nice day, kudos for taking on the mammoth task of being a Senior mod.
TL;DR

Do you write for a living?

Also, I just updated the rules. Check rule 2. Thread's locked, this is becoming a flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci