• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The F3 + A Discussion

Soul421

Platinum
Reaction score
What is F3 + A?
F3 + A is a key combination that refreshes a players world. This Key combination first refreshes blocks, then it refreshes entities (i.e. Mobs, Item Frames, Picture Frames and Player Models) Which means, for half a second after a player uses this command, they can see everybody in the direction they are looking.

Why is this a problem?
The (sort) recent discovery of this within the community has caused a noticeable difference in the way players play the game. The games have been noticeably quicker, because the players that get stacked can find everybody on the map. This reduces the viability any sort of non - pvp skills in MCSG itself. Thinking about hiding? Forget it! Everyone already knows exactly where you are.

How can this be fixed?
I am not an expert on server config, but there is something in server files called DrawDistance (correct me if I'm wrong) which determines at what distance you can see a player. This obviously should be kept at a medium range to be able to see players logically. Since MCSG's DrawDistance is very high, most players can be seen with a simple command. If the DrawDistance were to be lowered into something more realistic, I could see a significant change in the way people play this game (for the better)

Thank You,

-Soul

(P.S. Sorry for any errors, it's late)

Secres

Survivor
Reaction score
What is F3 + A?
F3 + A is a key combination that refreshes a players world. This Key combination first refreshes blocks, then it refreshes entities (i.e. Mobs, Item Frames, Picture Frames and Player Models) Which means, for half a second after a player uses this command, they can see everybody in the direction they are looking.

Why is this a problem?
The (sort) recent discovery of this within the community has caused a noticeable difference in the way players play the game. The games have been noticeably quicker, because the players that get stacked can find everybody on the map. This reduces the viability any sort of non - pvp skills in MCSG itself. Thinking about hiding? Forget it! Everyone already knows exactly where you are.

How can this be fixed?
I am not an expert on server config, but there is something in server files called DrawDistance (correct me if I'm wrong) which determines at what distance you can see a player. This obviously should be kept at a medium range to be able to see players logically. Since MCSG's DrawDistance is very high, most players can be seen with a simple command. If the DrawDistance were to be lowered into something more realistic, I could see a significant change in the way people play this game (for the better)

Thank You,

-Soul

(P.S. Sorry for any errors, it's late)
No, without this, games would last forever which was annoying af. And no it's not even changing how players play r u high?

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
No, without this, games would last forever which was annoying af. And no it's not even changing how players play r u high?
Looks like we found our first person who uses this tactic.

V3dock

Experienced
Reaction score
I hope there is a way to remove this feature from MCSG, the games are way to short.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I hope there is a way to remove this feature from MCSG, the games are way to short.
As it is a feature built into minecraft I really doubt there is a way to remove this feature seeing as the server can't tell when someone is doing this as far as I am aware and they can't prevent the server from showing entities because that causes bigger issues :p

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, if we're going to remove F3 + A because it makes games too short, why don't we remove vanilla toggle sprint because fights are too short with it?

Let's face it- nobody likes a game that is stuck on 4 players for 30 minutes, running aimlessly around the map trying to find that one person just to go to deathmatch. A quick, intense game is better than a long, boring one.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They changed the way chunks load in 1.8, causing them to load much faster. Because the network will be updating to 1.8 at the end of this month this will no longer be an issue.

Soul421

Platinum
Reaction score
They changed the way chunks load in 1.8, causing them to load much faster. Because the network will be updating to 1.8 at the end of this month this will no longer be an issue.
Thank you for the information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci