• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The difference between Kill Aura, Aimbot, and Aim Assist.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is because literally no one understands the actual mechanism behind these. I was pretty disappointed when I saw Evermore 's post describing the difference as he got it pretty much completely wrong. On top of all of this, even some client developers (mostly skids) don't know the difference and confuse everyone even more. Basically I want to stop being the conflation between these two.

The term "Forcefield" is just colloquial and we will drop it for this post.

Kill Aura is a hack that automatically attacks entities that are near you at generally illegal reaches.

When player's are seen using kill aura they're generally seen either 1. Hitting players without looking or 2. Hitting players while looking at their head and snapping to them.

The first one would generally be called kill aura while the second would be called aimbot. However this is completely fallacious since in reality they're the same hack.

Kill Aura (Client side silent, server side silent): This is referred to as Kill Aura silent. This means the player won't be looking at his enemies on both sides. If you have to click this is known as Click Aura.

Kill Aura (Client side, server side silent): I don't see this very much but I guess it can be called Silent Aimbot. This is extremely potent since unless the user is recording it looks very legit in a 1v1... That is, until someone comes up from behind. This will be an Aimbot that will aim on the hacker's screen but not aim server sided. If you have to click this is a silent click Aimbot.

Kill Aura (Client side silent, server side): This is your basic kill aura where it doesn't aim client side but does aim server side. If you have to click this hack doesn't have a name but it works as a click aura client side and a click aim server side.

Kill Aura (Client side, server side): This is your "Aimbot", it'll aim client and server side. If you have to click this is called Click Aimbot.

Just please please please stop conflating this terminology- it's super annoying when I see people arguing over if the person was using kill aura or using Aimbot.

Now let's go into some misconceptions.

The max reach kill aura can hit at on a bukkit server without NCP is 6 blocks. NCP knocks this down to like 4.25. There is an exploit however that works on all servers and on NCP that allows for up to 200 block reach- no public client has this however so it hasn't been patched. (The reach can go up to 512 blocks if the server allows it).

Kill Aura Radius is how far the player has to be from the player's cross hair for it to attack. 20-35 FOV is referred to as Safe Aura or extended hitboxes, below 15 is a triggerbot, and below 5 is what I refer to as a microbot- since it only swings over the very center of the body.

Kill Aura "Aim Speed" is just the speed the aura aims at either client or server sided.

Kill Aura HMR is your hit miss ratio, the aura will occasionally miss if this is turned on.

Kill Aura speed. Generally this is 0-20 APS (Attacks per second). There is one exploit that lets people attack much faster though, it's known as Dura-Crits/Quick Attack and is becoming more and more public now.

Semi-Multi. This is how many entities the aura can attack at once. Put all of the way up this is usually called MultiAura.

Now let's get into Aimbots.

An Aimbot has something called height which is where it attacks. The height can go to the head or chest, or anywhere on the body, although those are the most common.

Welcome to a moderator's nightmare - Aim Assists, smooth Aimbots, and smooth aim assists.

Dynamic Aimbot is an Aimbot that will aim for the feet when the player is above them but aim for the chest when the player is at the same height. This Aimbot will twist violently when the player goes inside the other player. This was in StanMPL's ghost client.

An aim assist is an Aimbot with a height in a range, it will attack the part of the body you aim at, but not go below the feet. This Aimbot will still twist violently when the player is above or inside the other player. This is in Serenity by Xboy and supercheese.

A smooth aimbot is an Aimbot that moves slowly and has no height, so you can move freely up and down. This is in ghost clients made by thehen101 and is impossible to detect server side.

A smooth aim assist is an Aimbot that will aim only after the player aims on the player, it slowly follows and goes anywhere on the body of the player. Impossible to detect server side.

Okay hopefully this cleared stuff up.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
shut up hacker lmao
We've gone over this thousands of times and are done with it. If you can't provide evidence I was hacking on here, then you have no right to accuse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci