• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Classics SG1

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
The name is The Classics SG1 (until I find abetter name for it). What do you guys think about The Great Lakes as a name? or The Grand Lake? Lemme know :).( There are 5 lakes in the map total)

The map is really has a few themes bunched into one. It has a mix of a little old, and a little new. It has things from pirate ship, giant walls and pyramids, to clocktowers and log cabins. There is parkour spots randomly through the map also. The landscape is alot of rivers and lakes. There are 5 lakes in the map, all with something special with the lake.

The map has a ton of secret areas and a few traps thrown in along the way. The map won't lack anything as far as structures when I am completely finished with. My main focus was to try to make a map that, no matter what way you went from spawn, you would find something, and have chests to loot along the way.

The map is i'd say medium sized. Probably about 400-500 blocks wide. Its not too big to where players will be constantly getting lost. With how big the clocktower is at corn, you can see it from pretty far away lol.

One thing I take pride in is that me and my fellow builders, did dang near everything by hand. The only thing that wasn't done by hand was the giant dome around the map, a few mountains that we made, and we changed the biome with world edit. Besides those things, everything you see in the map is 100% made without any plugins or anything.

A few screenies I took of the map:

http://tinypic.com/r/28md9aq/5
http://tinypic.com/r/24x1278/5
http://tinypic.com/r/s3dn61/5
http://tinypic.com/r/2d10d4z/5

Plenty more where that came from :p. But you gotta wait to see more :).

The next picture is an overview of our map showing pretty much all the structures that we have currently. Note that there are more things that are going to be build which I will tell you more about under the picture link.
http://tinypic.com/r/2njhkw7/5

A few things to mention. There is a biodome on the map which I have been debating on whether to take out or not because it is completely random and doesn't really go with anything on the map. If anything I could move it also. Tell me what you guys think.

Also, in the bottom right, you can see moutains there which I plan on building a bridge across in the near future. The bridge will lead to differen't places through the map. I know that I need to somehow connect these things so they aren't randomly just placed in the map.

There is also a spot clear to the left where there are a ton of CAKES lol which spell out happy birthday. Where those cakes are there will be a village/town and also the boot shaped island to the right of the wall, will also have some kind of village or large house.

At the very top right, there is a huge lake where I am planning on building another ship with a very unique style to it.

Tell me what you guys think. Mainly if I should take out the bio-dome which is the the left of the wall at corn, and if there are some spots that I haven't mentioned that you guys think should have something built there :) Thanks all!

Builders:

Reven86
Henryt135
Abraxan

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This looks like it would provide some really great gameplay as well as some really great structures! Well done.

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
More screenshots because you can't see the over view of the entire map

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Cool, it would be a lot better it you didn't resign though...

Henryt135

Survivor
Reaction score
It's not completely finished, we still have a couple of major structures to build so it will look better once those have been built.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
The structures are nice by themselves, but they don't really come together to make a proper theme.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
This looks like it would provide some really great gameplay as well as some really great structures! Well done.

Thanks <3
The structures are nice by themselves, but they don't really come together to make a proper theme.
yeah I know. That's the only issue. I think after I build the few towns and the other ship, it will go together a little more. Might have to change the colors of the gears on the clocktower maybe. Might go with it a little better

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Thanks <3

yeah I know. That's the only issue. I think after I build the few towns and the other ship, it will go together a little more. Might have to change the colors of the gears on the clocktower maybe. Might go with it a little better
You changed this post like a thousand times xD

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Hehe, secret way to bump the thread without having to double post. Just delete your last post and repost it. Sadly, it was something that kept sending you notices xD

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Hehe, secret way to bump the thread without having to double post. Just delete your last post and repost it. Sadly, it was something that kept sending you notices xD
Oooooohhhh seeeeecretssssssss

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci