• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Taking out a team..

AlloyPvP

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey guys, alloy here. So.. this is a problem that I think many people have in mcsg... taking down a team. It's probably the hardest to do during deathmatch time. So, I know there is a lot of experienced players here so i'm wondering if any of you could maybe tell me some tips on how to take out a team. I mean, a lot of people say "split the team apart and take them out one by one". I try to split them apart but it just doesn't work. Oh and I have another question, This usually happens alot in mcsg and what i'm talking about is.. cleanups. I'm not sure if there really is a way to really dodge cleanups in deathmatch or in the middle of the game. So if any of you have any tips/suggestions on these questions you have, i'd really appreciate that. Thanks for reading and peace out :p

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah just use every secondary possible, fns spam if you need to, rod them back to keep distance, and bow them a bit to get them low and turn back and melee.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Be aware of your surroundings, NEVER let your guard down, and use F5 often, just to get a better idea of your surrondings.

Try running around a building or somewhere where it will split up the teammates, then 1v1 both and use your defensive secondaries (Bows, then Rods, then FNS for the closest ranges if your low).

GoudAlmighty

Platinum
Reaction score
Taking out teams is something that certainly comes with experience and practice. As a general rule you want to run and just keep running until you get a good opportunity to quickly 1v1 one of them. Try and focus on avoiding fighting them when they are in a position where they are able to both hit you at the same time. This is where teams are difficult to fight. While running from a team I won't turn until I feel like I can focus a single player without the other hitting me, and when the other comes near I will just continue to run and repeat the process. Map knowledge is quite important for fighting teams as well. Use chokepoints where possible and try to gain a position of advantage. Sometimes this is as simple as climbing a mountain or a ladder. Whatever puts your opposition at a disadvantage pretty much.

Now when we are talking about fighting teams in deathmatch, you can't exactly use these tactics as there isn't really anywhere to run. You should fight a team quite differently in deathmatch than how you would at any other point in the game. Focus on using the bow and try to keep distance between yourself and the team. Depending on how the deathmatch arena is set up you may be able to hide behind something while you bow them down.

Teams are often more aggressive than your average player and it's important to use this to your advantage In some way or another.

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
Choke points are always a go-to situation for me against teams, no matter what the size of the team is. However, experienced players will most likely not fall for choke points. So really the only other option you have is to know how to use your secondaries, use them well and at the correct time.

Also try not to get too flustered when you run into a team/an intense fight. It will only make you commit silly little mistakes which in the scheme of things, can cause you a big problem.

Feel free to contact me if you need anything else
:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci