• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Server and Grieving

Do you think Grieving is fair or not?

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

Lovelywishes

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
Sorry I didn't post yesterday ): I had Marching Band all day and I was way too exhausted to post ><
(If you're in Marching Band, PM me :D)
Anyway, the topic is the Survival Server and people basically raiding/grieving your faction.
My faction (Which I'm not going to name to keep the identity of my faction a secret) was raided 4 times.
Twice by the same clan. Which is interesting to me because our bases were literally in the middle of no where. The faction that raided us must have had a LONG trek to get to us.
At one point our base was at the edge of the world.
It really kind of makes me mad when someone steals all the hard work you've put into making your base and collecting things like Diamonds or Emeralds. They just conquer the land and take it all.
It just upsets me.
My faction has had to move three times. The first time we got raided we were stupid and stayed in the same place.
But yeah, that's my little rant on Grieving. I understand that it is allowing in the Survival servers...but..it's really not nice to do it.
What's your opinions or stories about grieving?
Has a lovely day :)

thebowiejohn

Survivor
Reaction score
Stash the good stuff in the Ender Chests at corn. If a faction has 20 people in it, and they all spread out to search for other bases, eventually they will find most.

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Griefing should be allowed, that's one of the vital things that makes the server a hardcore survival server. In my opinion, it is fair, but it isn't as hardcore as I thought, to be honest.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. I would hate this server if griefing and raiding wasn't allowed. It ruins the survival aspect. If you really don't want to griefed, you have to go super, super, super far out. And I do mean super far.

Reaction score
*greifing
is clan raids and is very typical to have on a survival faction server
this is not actually greifing it is actually raiding which without it on a faction server is very much not fun what is the point of having factioncraft without raiding; raiding is probably the most fun part of factioncraft :)
I my self have been raided around 5 times now but if you are quick on the ball "get on the ball" (bily mays) and you have allot of friends/faction members then you can quickly set up around 2-3 spare backup bases which is not hard to do when you leave your first base scavenging what your valuables :)

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't know why i tell you this but REDSTONE. That is the Key to no being Griefed and Under water. I have Played a few survival Severs and there are some tricks to not being Greifed or raided. One I like is Underwater and redstone a bit so unless you know where a button to create an air pocket is you might as well stay out or you will drown and I will get your stuff. Second Plan that works is look for an already greif and Abandoned House and create a redstone Contraction that leads to a base under neath it which Works well too. Now I know these are redstone Designs and not everyone is the best with Red stone But Trapped Chests can be used to kill your enemies. Example they Open the Chest they fall into a 20 something deep hole and die of fall damage. OR for none Redstoners There are More ways to do it. Create Numerous Rooms Hidden with like 5 blocks between the Main room and the secret room. Hide Most of your valuables in those and some in the none hidden ones so that they think that they have raided you. One my Younger Brother uses that I personally don't like is Raid Weak players for a bit and Rack up in excess Stuff. Then Use Pictures to hid just about all of your stuff behind Pictures and fires, under lava and in places you won't look. Then When he gets stronger he starts to take on bigger players and takes there stuff. BUT He never will fight a clan when it has more than 2 people on. These are only my thoughts and experiences and maybe you want to try them maybe not.

Lovelywishes

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't know why i tell you this but REDSTONE. That is the Key to no being Griefed and Under water. I have Played a few survival Severs and there are some tricks to not being Greifed or raided. One I like is Underwater and redstone a bit so unless you know where a button to create an air pocket is you might as well stay out or you will drown and I will get your stuff. Second Plan that works is look for an already greif and Abandoned House and create a redstone Contraction that leads to a base under neath it which Works well too. Now I know these are redstone Designs and not everyone is the best with Red stone But Trapped Chests can be used to kill your enemies. Example they Open the Chest they fall into a 20 something deep hole and die of fall damage. OR for none Redstoners There are More ways to do it. Create Numerous Rooms Hidden with like 5 blocks between the Main room and the secret room. Hide Most of your valuables in those and some in the none hidden ones so that they think that they have raided you. One my Younger Brother uses that I personally don't like is Raid Weak players for a bit and Rack up in excess Stuff. Then Use Pictures to hid just about all of your stuff behind Pictures and fires, under lava and in places you won't look. Then When he gets stronger he starts to take on bigger players and takes there stuff. BUT He never will fight a clan when it has more than 2 people on. These are only my thoughts and experiences and maybe you want to try them maybe not.
*greifing
is clan raids and is very typical to have on a survival faction server
this is not actually greifing it is actually raiding which without it on a faction server is very much not fun what is the point of having factioncraft without raiding; raiding is probably the most fun part of factioncraft :)
I my self have been raided around 5 times now but if you are quick on the ball "get on the ball" (bily mays) and you have allot of friends/faction members then you can quickly set up around 2-3 spare backup bases which is not hard to do when you leave your first base scavenging what your valuables :)
Greifing isn't a word ):
It is in fact Grieving. But beggars can't be choosers I guess >< I hate to go all grammar Nazi on you.
To everyone else:
Our group has lived underwater, with a redstone door. And on the edge of the world. I do agree with everyone that raiding should be allowed because then there would be no fun!
Also, the whole enderchest is a smart idea, we have done that too. It truly did save our butts!!
Thanks to all your replies :) I appreciate the feedback!

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Greifing isn't a word ):
It is in fact Grieving. But beggars can't be choosers I guess >< I hate to go all grammar Nazi on you.
To everyone else:
Our group has lived underwater, with a redstone door. And on the edge of the world. I do agree with everyone that raiding should be allowed because then there would be no fun!
Also, the whole enderchest is a smart idea, we have done that too. It truly did save our butts!!
Thanks to all your replies :) I appreciate the feedback!
Sorry English isn't my native Language. A redstone door alone is no good. But there are more ways to protect your base. Good Luck preventing the Geifers and Stay Strong.

Lovelywishes

Survivor
Reaction score
Sorry English isn't my native Language. A redstone door alone is no good. But there are more ways to protect your base. Good Luck preventing the Geifers and Stay Strong.
Thanks for the kind words. If you play on the survival server I hope your faction (if you have one) stays strong too :)
PS. Making pistons and sticky pistons are a b***h!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci